Tuesday, July 01, 2003

The waiting game!!

The offer we got yesterday for our house was $178,000. Our bottom dollar price is $175,000 but we feel we could get more so we have counter offered $188,000 back. The real estate agent thinks that $185,000 is her absolute top dollar so we are just waiting to see what happens. She was supposed to have got back to the agent last night as to whether she accepted our offer or not and we didn't hear from her so the agent says thats a good sign. If it was a no then we would have heard back straight away. She is obviously doing the maths. We have decided if she offers $185,000 back we will take it. All looks very possitive but yet again it's a waiting game. I'll let you know as soon as we hear anything ... can't wait!!

We rang mum and dad last night to tell them the good news. Unfortunately their house (the one they own next door to them) has gone. They let it out a few days ago ... but ... they have offered for us to live with them for the six months. This has good and bad points. Mum and I tend to butt heads quite a bit but it means saving a whole heap of money (giving us much higher deposit for our new house). Over $2000 a month infact. Just have to see if we can cope. I was a little worried about eating there (mum is not very ww friendly with her cooking) but her idea was for me to take over the cooking of the household so she can go back into the cowshed with dad. This works out great, it means I can cook ww meals everynight without much hassle. Bill and I are very appreciative of their offer and I think we are going to take it up. It will mean no power bill, no phone bill (just our mobile) and no house insurance, no rates, and NO MORTGAGE OR RENT for six months!! We will give them $250 a week to go towards food and any other costs we have... GREAT!!! Just have to see if I can survive the time. Bill will commute from Hamilton to Auckland each day for work (about an hours drive) but the other good thing ... my brother in law has just started commuting from Hamilton to Auckland each day too so we are going to see if Bill and him can commute together and share petrol costs... another big saving! I think it all looks like it's going to work :)

So I have to ask a big favour of you guys ... I am really going to need this journal and your guys support while we live there to give me a place I can vent out and share all my ups and downs. I'm going to need to rely on this journal alot during this time. Mum and Dad won't like me smoking so looks like I'm going to need to give that up too... hmmm ... not a good time to give up smoking (during such stress) but might be a good thing.

Wow what big changes ... hope I can handle it without cracking!! lol

My eating for yesterday was excellent. Very proud of myself (if I don't say so myself lol) I stayed under points and infact saved another 4 points for the day. Bill tried (again) to get me to sit down with some rum and cokes after dinner but I was able to stick to my guns and say no! Yay me! I got in 4 glasses of water and an hours gym class!! wahoo!!

To be honest I'll be happy to stay the same at this weeks weigh in. Although I have been very good the last 3 or 4 days I had a big blowout at the start of the week... so it will be interesting to see how it goes. Desperately hope I don't gain but not expecting a loss either.

Here's my eating for yesterday ...

BREAKFAST - cereal 1.5pts, milk 0.5pt
SNACK - Apple 0.5pt
LUNCH - pumpkin soup 4pts, bread 2pts, milk 0.5pt
SNACK - maltesers 2pts
DINNER - pasta 5pts, meat 1pt, veges 0pts, tomato salsa 0pts

Total ... 17pts/22pts
Saved ... 4pts
Total saved ... -6pts
Water ... 4 glasses
Exercise ... 8pts gym class
Total bonus points ... 24pts

Lyn :)
SW 107.4kg
CW 88.6kg
GW 65kg

No comments: