Monday, July 07, 2003

It's on again ... maybe :)

*********UPDATE*********

Knew I couldn't live with myself if I didn't tell you guys how it went ... lol
Well ... I got the call from the bank manager an hour ago ... bad news ... he said that even tho he could see we could do it, he couldn't persuade the credit department to approve the loan :( BUT ... that if we could get a guarantor with equity to guarantor 10% of it then they could probably do it. At first I was gutted. I definately didn't want to go to mum and dad to ask them for that... we wanted to do it ourselves. But it was either that or not have the house at all, so I rang dad and told him what the bank manager had said. I didnt ask him, definately didn't want to do that, but he offered saying "We'll do it, we'll go gaurantor for you" ... great news ... mostly ... bad news is, mum and dad have already put down rules for it ... I HAVE TO GIVE UP SMOKING! ... I am incredibly appreciative of them offering but threatening me to give up is not what I wanted to hear from them. I have told them I will do it ... and I will certainly try but I feel that taking away my cigerettes is taking away my lifeline ... the thing I hold onto in times of stress ... now what do I do when I get stressed? eat? yell at the kids? cry? All things I have done everything in my power to avoid over the last ten years. I will do it (only when I have to) but I feel like my arm is up my back.

The bad news is ... we have to wait till TOMMORROW to get a final yes or no from the bank ... so still waiting!!!

I'll update you tommorow


School holidays started today ...Holidays are not good for me... it's the fighting that really gets to me.

I'm keeping Lauren's and Jordans birthday simple this year (both at the end of this month). Jordans will probably just be a visit to grandads (his favourite person) and we have decided that Lauren can invite all her friends to her birthday (given that it will be a farewell party for her also) but we'll probably hold it somewhere like Lollipops so I don't have to
deal with the mess. If we can afford it.

My eating has been bad this weekend ... by not eating... I only had 7pts yesterday! Thats not good. But yet again when I'm under stress I go back to my old habits. I just can't face food at the moment.

Good news is we saw the ASB bank manager yesterday (after a good recommendation from mum and dad) and it might just work with them for finance on our 2storey 5 bedroom home. His words were "well it all looks good, I'll take it all away and do the figures up myself but as long as
everything looks as good as this there shouldn't be a problem" Hard not to get my hopes up but ... well we will get a phone call today (hopefully this morning sometime) to confirm whether we got the finance or not. I'll let you know straight away.

We signed up for the house (subject to finance)... turns out they took it off the market so it wouldn't sell on us. They sold 9 out of their last 13 properties last week and knew we were very interested in this one, so they told everyone it was sold. I couldnt believe it ... was that nice or what?

So now it's just a waiting game again... I HATE WAITING! :)

I'll update as soon as I know anything!

Eating for yesterday ...

BREAKFAST/LUNCH - cereal bar 2pts
DINNER - steak 3pts, potato 1pt, corn 1pt

Total ... 7pts/22pts
Saved ... 4pts
Total saved ... 16pts
Water ... 2 glasses
Exercise ... 30mins walk 2pts, 50 crunchies 1pt - 3pts
Total bonus points ... 4pts

Lyn :)

No comments: