Wednesday, July 23, 2003

They've started on our house :)

Yesterday was a blur ... I spent the whole day finishing off a set of wedding stationery due out by the end of the day. (That's what I do for a business for anyone who doesn't know) Got that done at 4pm then out the door with the kids to go for a walk. Came home at 5.30pm threw on some dinner, ran around the house to tidy up for client calling by to pick up her stationery, ate dinner, put younger kids off ot bed, then designed and printed Birthday invites for Lauren's birthday this weekend, put older kids to bed and finally sat down to relax by 8.45pm... exhausted!!

Went past our section on our walk and got the shock of my life to see they had scraped our section ... it's all on baby!!! They have started on our house!!! Such a huge excitement! I had plans of taking photos before they started but obviously I've missed out on that opportunity lol. Bill reckons I should just take a photo of some grass and superimpose it onto our section ... hehe ... I'm going down again today now that I finally have a film in my camera. And hopefully get Bill to take some update pics of me for this site.

Since we are paying off all our small debt on settlement date we decided to do an official 'cutting of the credit cards' last night. I have a big butch guillotine for my business work so we got some photos of them lined up under the blade and a sign infront saying '$17,000 saved in 5 mths starts here' and of course some actions ones with the blade coming down. Was a very cool experience!

And talking about settlement date ... this has been put back to 29 August ... 3 weeks later. The purchaser really mucked us around and wouldn't give us a date (even a week after going unconditional). Her final answer was 42 days unless a tenant for the property can be found earlier. As you all know we wanted 21 days but what's that? We can't work with that type of deal... that means that if she found a tenant tomorrow she could say she wants us out next week!! So I had strong words (which I won't repeat here) with the agent explaining that we are paying her $8,775 to sell our house .. NOT GET A TENANT FOR THE PURCHASER and that we can't work with anything that is this ambigious!! So we have gone with the 42 days (and too bad if she had a tenant to move in)

Mum and dad are okay about leaving the house empty another couple of weeks (luckily) and the builder has accepted to receive his deposit in 6wks time (luckily again) so everything has worked out (luckily for the third time). It means we are not in such a rush to pack up and I can get all the business ends tidied up before the move.

Weigh in tonight ... I'm really not looking forward to this one, but making myself face the music. Every other time I have had a blow out I have always worked it back with my points and extra exercise over the remainder of the week. But that just hasn't happened this week. I have been 1 or 2pts over every day, although I have managed to get out for 3 big walks this week. TOM didnt turn up as expected either so might mean it's coming this next week which will have an effect on the scales. Whatever happens I'll accept it.

My biggest problem is not having grocery shopping done. I'm going today, meaning I can start off this next week prepared!!!

As always I'll let you know how I get on.
Lyn :)

SW 107.4kg
CW 85.9kg (enjoying this figure while it lasts lol)
GW 65kg

No comments: