Friday, July 18, 2003

We've signed up for our house ... almost!! lol

Wow what a busy day!! We have just come back from the solicitors to sign up for our house. When we got there we found that the papers from the purchaser of our house hadnt been sent through ... so there was no written confirmation that our current house had indeed gone unconditional!! Which meant that we couldnt sign up unconditional to our new house. And we only have until Monday on the contract before the builders are allowed to put their prices up!! We also asked for a 21 day settlement date rather than the original 42 days. Given that we don't get paid for our house until settlement date, we needed to know today if that had been accepted by the purchaser, so that the builders could have a date that we would be paying them by. Confused yet?? Tell me about it!! lol Anyway, when we got there, because the papers had not been faxed to them yet (over 2 days late!!) we couldnt give a date to the builders when they would get their deposit by... hence the builder was a little stressed by this. So to cut a long story short and after a lot of assertive phone calls to different people we got a fax confirmation of our house being unconditional to our solicitor but still waiting on a settlement date!! How crazy is that??? We've told the builder we will pass on the info as soon as we hear anything but yet again ... it's a waiting game!! Geez... I'm getting sick of this game lol.

Good news it's taken my mind off my mother's silly games. Thankyou to those of you who gave me great advice!! Everything that was said is so helpful and has kept me focused on what's important. What Leigh said really summed it up for me "Lyn do not stress about your mother - you have your own family and things going on to worry about - if she doesn't talk to you - that is her loss!!!" SO TRUE!!! Thankyou!!

My eating hasnt been very good today... we got given a box of Cadbury's Favourites ... bad bad bad!! They sat ontop of the fridge for two days and because they were sealed shut it wasn't a problem leaving them there. But Bill opened them up this morning and that's it ... I can't stop myself now! lol ... Ive had ... hmmm ... think I've lost count ... about 6 or 7 so far ... bad, bad, bad! lol

My goal for the rest of the day ... to only have 1 more chocolate ... that's it ... that's all I'm allowed!!

Bill's gone in to get some boxes from work so we can start packing. It's quite exciting actually getting to do something instead of just waiting. So that's what I'll be doing for the rest of the day... yay!!

Lyn :)
SW 107.4kg
CW 85.9kg
GW 65kg

No comments: