Friday, July 04, 2003

Life is so short

Now comes the real stressful part!! Get finance approved for our new home. The mobile mortgage manager came around last night. He wanted me to supply financial records for the last 4yrs of business. Now I'm an arty person not an accountant, and the business doesn't do enough to warrant getting a professional to do it. So I fumble through it myself at the end of each financial year. I hate it! Hence everything is scribbled on loose paper... not very impressive :) So I sat up last night and went through my accounts for the last 4 years to try and get some Profit and Loss statements together. I think I got it right ... eventually ... dreamt about numbers all night long ... bad idea! lol

Now we just have to get a letter from Bill's boss stating what his salary is and the bonus he gets each year.

I can handle selling a house, even moving ... but I HATE this part of the process... it's like we are on test ... do we earn enough? do we spend too much? have we got too many kids? do we work enough? IT'S JUST HORRIBLE! I remember getting finance for this house when we bought it and it was a rollar coaster ride for two weeks... you may have it ... you might not get it... you got it ... but ... on the condition of ... so many ups and downs.

The good thing is this guy says that if we get finance for our 'dream' 2 storey 5 bedroom home we will be at 33% debt ratio (not including Bills bonus) or 28% debt ratio if they include Bill's bonuses into the equation. And the cutoff is around 30% for most banks. So it's touch and go as to whether we get it or not ... but if we don't we will definately get finance for the single storey 4 bedroom home. Either way we will still get our new home but just depends on the bank whether we get the 'perfect' one or a 'make do for now' one. I just want this part to be over ... quick!

We have some more people coming through to look at this house today. We have 3 days for any higher offers to come through and it's day 3 today. So this morning was spent tidying (again!) Jordan (3) follows me round the house undoing everything I have just put away ... very frustrating!

We have decided to get the settlement date brought forward to 21 days (instead of 42) so we can get out of here before the next mortgage is due and start saving sooner. I really think 42 days is too long... I just like to get packing done and get on with it.

We had some shocking news yesterday ... My sister in laws mum (in Sydney) was having dinner with the family last Friday... everything was fine ... then she felt really tired and excused herself to go to bed ... then 3hrs later she was vomiting and feverish. But refusing any help she suffered through the night .... till by morning she was delerious, her husband rushed her off to the hospital. They admitted her and took some tests ... then a rash appeared on her leg ... it is meningitis!!! Since then she has gone downhill, having to be on a resperator, dialasis and although she is responding to the strong antibiotics she is very very ill. She has gangreen appearing on her hands and face. I feel so bad for my brother and his wife ... what a horrible thing to be going through. Our prayers are with them all that she will make a full recovery, without having to have any amputations.

So with this news my eating seems the last thing in the world to worry about. Don't worry I'm not binging or doing anything crazy, but it just doesn't seem important in comparison.

Eating for yesterday ...

BREAKFAST - cereal bar 2pts
SNACK - Apple 0.5pt
LUNCH - bread 2pts, veges 0pt, ham 1pt
SNACK - soup 1pt
DINNER - smoked chicken 5pts, pasta 5pts, veges 0pts, lite pasta sauce 2pts

Total 18.5pts/22pts
Saved ... 3.5pts
Total saved 3.5pts
Water ... 3 glasses
Exercise ... none
Total bonus points ... none

Lyn :)
SW 107.4kg
CW 87.4kg
GW 65kg

No comments: