Sunday, June 08, 2003

I am getting so excited with my website/journal ... I just love doing it!!

Well I am totally addicted to HTML coding now. I spent the whole of yesterday and into the night doing a self taught lesson on how to write HTML.
Initially, I was a little disappointed with this site how it didnt have a space for you readers to leave comments. I really enjoyed that part of MDD. It made it seem like a whole community, sometimes provoking real debates on topics. After a little research I learnt that I could put a 'tagboard' on here which did just that (and even included smiley faces... cute huh?), but I had to do it via HTML. Learning some basics meant I could also include links at the bottom for my website, guestbook and an email link. It took me all day to do just these simple things but ohh so much fun!!!
So if you are visiting, leave me a message to say you were here. It's quick, easy and if you want a link to your homepage just put it in and it makes your name an active link. (have a look at my name on the tagboard, links to my website). But this is totally optional, you don't have to give any email or URL if you don't want to.
I also changed the measurements chart on my site from an image (imported) to an HTML table (using HTML coding). This was really tricky (well for me) but means it is clearer and quicker for you guys to download the page. Hmmmm .... what else can I do?? lol
Yesterday was also successful eating wise...
I stuck to my points all day (infact was able to save a couple), drank all 6 glasses of water (a little sculling was done at the end of the day lol) and fitted in a 45min workout at the gym. I spent it on the cycle machine and the treadmill. I had a challenge to try and run 3.6km on the treadmill, to see if I could catch up to my cousin (who is doing the half marathon with me in August). I had these crazy thoughts that I could possibly run it ... but NOOOO! lol
I only managed to run 4-5mins at a time before my muscles just gave out. The good thing, it wasn't my puffing that stopped me, just muscle fattigue.
I'm planning on doing a 12km walk today ... Bill is going to drive me 12km from home and drop me off so I can walk home. Hope I make it lol.
My eating for yesterday ...
BREAKFAST - Porridge 2pts, milk 0.5pts, 5 prunes 1pt
SNACK - yoghurt 1pt
LUNCH - bread 2pts, mustard pickles 0.5pt, ricotta cheese 1pt, salad 0pt
SNACK - Apple 0.5pt
DINNER - smoked chicken 1.5pts, brown rice 5pts, veges 0pts, parmission cheese 0.5pts
Total ... 15.5pts/18
Saved ... 2.5pts/ -4.5pts total deficit
Water ... 6 glasses
Exercise ... 45min gym workout 6pts
Total bonus points ... 13pts
With sticking to a menu plan this week instead of just eating I have noticed I have been eating more points earlier in the day than I usually do. Maybe that is something to do with why my losses have slowed down in the past... I'm having too many points late at night, then sleeping on a full stomach. I still panic a little when I run out of points, probably the reason why I subconsously save them for the end of the day, but probably not a good thing. Something I'm going to have to closely look at.
Lyn :)
SW 107.4kg
CW 92.1kg
GW 65kg

No comments: