Friday, June 13, 2003

Doubt leads to a way out

This quote above came from my brilliant hubby last weekend. I was questioning the fact that I would actually finish this 21.5km half marathon or even the 12km walk I was about to undertake. He replied to me ... you can't have any doubts ... you have to go out there KNOWING you will achieve it!!! after all ... DOUBT LEADS TO A WAY OUT!
Isn't that just the most fantastic thing you have heard in ages? For me it was a light switch ... if we doubt ourselves in any way we will be giving ourselves an excuse to say "Oh I didnt think I could do it anyway so why bother finishing?" This lesson just doesnt work for 12km walks ... but for our whole weightloss journey ... we cant have any doubts that we wont make it ... or that we will pull out, because if there is any hint of doubt there we are giving ourselves excuses to jump overboard, but KNOWING we WILL get to the otherside we just have to ride the waves and STICK WITH IT!!!!
Wow that was profound huh? lol ... and for this early in the morning too ... somedays I shock myself lol
Now after doing this big speal for the day ... I have to confess about yesterday (uh oh) I didnt do anything crazy but definately didnt drink all my water (only 3.5 glasses of it) and had planned to go to the gym at 5.30pm class for 1hr, shower and home by 7pm for a 7.30pm consultation (business I run)... was a tight schedule but could do it. Except for the fact that Bill wanted me to fill the gas bottle up on the way, it was looking like a cold night ahead again. When I got to the service station (with only minutes to spare) there was a queue of 8 bottles to be filled!! Arrrggghh!! So I sat waiting for 15mins making me miss my class!! I decided to go anyway and do a weights room workout but meant I only got 45mins in. There were so many people at the gym I spent alot of time waiting in line for equipment so not a true 45min workout ... grrrrrrr .... lol
Good part ... I got home intime for my client to arrive, consultation done (which went very well with a confirmed booking made) but meant I didnt get dinner till 9pm and still had 4pts after I finished dinner to use but just wasnt hungry then, so have saved them for another day. With all this commotion I just didnt get time to get all my water in. Bill was a honey and cleaned the house, fed kids and did the dishes all before I got home from the gym. Awww what a sweetie!!
After writing it all down, I didnt do as bad as I thought I had. Just didnt have all my water and had no dairy serves for the day... but not a major ... gotta stop being so hard on myself!!
Day off for exercise today ... I am actually releaved ... think my body needs it.
Going for a walk with my weight watchers meeting tommorow. I'm really looking forward to it. I usually walk alone so to have company will be good. Although they're only going for 30mins so I might keep going once they have finished. We are meeting up at the Botanical Gardens in Manurewa, which is right next to a new subdivision I would like to live in (The Gardens). My favourite thing to do is walk around streats of new houses and look at what everyone has done with their sections, so this might be in order when our walk is finished :)
Out for dinner to a friends house tomorrow night. Don't like coping with these situations, as much as I love the company :) But not knowing what is in the dinner or how many points ... is a bit of a worry. Have to put my 'eating out' skills into practice I guess. I have 4pts saved already and can save a few more over the week if I have a blowout (which I'm hoping I don't ... just too risky) Good thing is they dont drink so alcohol won't be a problem.
Well guessed I've raved enough for today ...
Eating for yesterday ...
BREAKFAST - Fuit porridge 2pts, skim milk 0.5pts
SNACK - 50g rice chips 3pts
LUNCH - 1cup pasta 2.5pts, tomato & gherkin 0pt, ww mayo 0.5pts
SNACK - cereal bar 2pts, 5 prunes 1pt, popcorn 1.5pts
DINNER - Trimpork butterfly steak 3pts, roast pumpkin 0pt, roast potato 2pts, mixed veges 0pts
Total ... 18pts/22pts
Saved ... 4pts
Total saved 4pts
Water ... 3.5 glasses
Exercise ... 5pts 40min Gym workout
Total bonus points ... 5pts
Lyn :)
SW 107.4kg
CW 89.9kg
GW 65kg

No comments: