Saturday, June 07, 2003

Appreciation of the breath of life

Yesterday went perfectly eatingwise :)
Started off at 5.30am with a gym workout. On the treadmill I did 6mins (out of 10mins) running! That's the longest I have been able to last.
A friend who is doing the half marathon with me reckons she can run 3.6km at a time so that will be my little competition for the next while.
So far I am loving this diary-x site... what a sence of relief to see it up and running everytime I come here and it's very user friendly. I know it doesn't have the comments section at the bottom like the old one but anyone feel free to fire an email through (from my website) if you have any comments ... I love getting feedback!! even if it is just a couple of words commenting on something I mentioned.
I spent the whole day yesterday transfering files over to another diary site to decide 2hrs later that I didnt actually like it ... lol. Yes I'm an artyfarty perfectionist type :)
Then I found this one ... so much better! And don't you like how the colours match in with my website? cool huh?
Ok ... on with yesterday ... my water was A+ with 7 glasses consumed!! And my eating was even better ... stuck to the 18pts and even saved 1.5pts to help with my -8.5pt defecit. I ate all my food groups, and ate regularly through the day, not saving most of my points for dinner like I usually do ... yay!
Eating for yesterday ...
BREAKFAST - Egg 1pt, english muffin 2pts, Apple 0.5pt
SNACK - 10x rice crackers 1pt
LUNCH - 2x bread 2pts, baked beans 1.5pts, salad 0pt
SNACK - half banana 0.5pt, milk 1pt, petit miam 1pt
DINNER - fish 1.5pts, 4 scallops 0.5pt, 60g rice 2.5pts, veges 0pt
SNACK - 50g lite icecream 1pt, half banana 0.5pt
Total - 16.5pts/18
Saved - 1.5pts/-7
Exercise - Gym workout 7pts
Total bonus points - 7pts
Water - 7 glasses
When Bill got home last night at 10.30pm he rushed through the door telling me to turn the radio on ... there was a plane crash just out of Christchurch at 7.30pm with 8 people dead. At 5.30pm I had dropped my cousin and his wife off to the airport for a 6pm flight to Christchurch. There was panic for us both as we tried to find out more info!! After looking up the nzoom.com site we realised it was a private chartered plane travelling from Palmerston North, not Auckland... a mixed sence of relief yet compassion for the families of those who were in the plane. Situations like this really make you look hard at your life and give you an appreciation for the simple act of breathing!
Lyn :)
SW 107.4kg
CW 92.1kg
GW 65kg

No comments: