Wednesday, May 07, 2003

what a day ... what a result!!

Well looks like my 100% effort last week paid off ... 1.3kg loss!!!! Yeeeehawww!!! I am extremely happy with this result :) That 100g gain is far behind me now ... not looking back!
I ended up earning 42 bonus points for the week with all the exercise I did. That's the most I have ever earnt in one week. My leader said something interesting last night at the meeting. Apparently most experience small gains or loss slowdowns for only 3 weeks when starting an exercise program. I found out last week that it was temporary but didn't know how long, so that's interesting to give a timeline to it. Certainly helps to know why our bodies do the things it does. Although in saying that I know that we are all different and some people may have different experiences with weightloss. But as a guide its helpful to know.
Sorry I didn't update yesterday, this MDD diary site was giving me script errors each time I tried to logon to do an update. I gave up trying after the 7 or 8th time. So I'll just have to update for yesterday in todays entry.
Yesterday was ummmm .... very eventful!! We were looking after my brothers Alaskan Malamute Dog (black and white huskie) for a couple of days while he was up here on business. We were due to take 'Bailey' (the dog) to Mum's in Hamilton yesterday morning. As we told the kids to hop in the car, Bailey shot out the door and she was off!!! Poor girl, missing her owner and in a strange city. I ran after her but although I am quickly becoming the speed of an olympic athlete (note sarcasm) there was no way I could catch that dog. She was obviously on a mission to find my brother. After realising I couldn't catch her on foot I ran back, yelled to Bill and we all jumped in the car. We split up down the road, Bill on foot and me and the kids in the car, then swapped after 15mins or so. No sign of her. We have a lot of big parks, walkways and lake areas where we live so she could be anywhere. After 30mins we rang my brother who grabbed a work car and raced over here. We drove around the streets for 2hrs!! One guy had seen her 1km from our home so we got the basic direction she was heading. Some school kids (trying to be funny) said they had seen her and pointed us in the complete wrong direction. I asked an old guy delivering pamphlets if he had seen a huskie dog walking the streets ... "Ohhh a black and white Malamute? ..." "YESSS??!!!" I replied ... "No I haven't seen one but would certainly love a dog like that!" I could have strangled him! lol. Both my brother, Bill and I had given up hope after 2hrs of searching. She was gone!! The only hope now was to ring the dog control and pound in the hope that she would turn up there.
Then my brother thought to stop a rubbish truck to ask them. The first guy said "nup!" and walked off. Then the second guy said "hang on, why don't you radio through to all the other trucks in the area?" Fantastic idea!!! Sure enough a rubbish truck had seen her outside a Petrol station about 4km from here. I raced over there to find her sitting at the front entrance watching everyone walk in and out. There were probably 30 people there all just doing their thing, patting the dog as they walked in and out, oblivious to the fact that her owners were beside themselves looking for her! lol. Lucky it was rubbish day!!!!!! The petrol station she was at is on the way to the Airport (the place she had come from yesterday with my brother). Amazing to think she knew the way back to where she thought she could find my brother!!
So we put everyone in the car there and then and drove to drop her off before anything else could happen to her! lol
I'm sure I burnt off 1kg of my weightloss with all the adrenaline running through my veins lol!
Got to Hamilton around 12.30pm, grabbed a sandwich at mums then as we were leaving Bill joked about going to Subway (our latest treat place for lunch). No Way!! I had already had lunch and it was weigh in tonight, not a good day to be having a double lunch! He ignored my pleas, my tantrums, my passive manipulation lol ... nothing worked, he was going anyway! When we got there, there were no carparks SO GET THIS!!! ... he made ME go in to get it while he double parked!! I had to walk into a foodhall amongst all the drooling, scrummy smells, all the deepfried foods available, yummy naughty foods! I was so annoyed I'm sure you could see the steam rising from my red faced head!! but probably just as well as it gave me the determination to prove a point! (as well as the fact that it was weighin day) I stood in queue, ordered HIS 6" sub and walked out. When he realised I didn't get one for myself he felt really bad. As much as I don't purposely like making him feel bad, it was satisfaction cream to rub my ego! lol ... I was strong enough to walk into temptation land, buy something (that I really wanted but didn't need) for Bill and walk out with not having anything!! Yay me!!
Got home at 3.30pm in time for the kids to get home from school. Then off to WW meeting at 4.30pm till 7.30pm (I'm a weigher for two meetings), then off to the supermarket to do some long awaited grocery shopping!! Home by 9.30pm ... I was exhausted!!
I have decided to have today off. No work, house is tidy (well except for our 'always messy' bedroom) and I have blisters on my heels so no exercise for me today either. Then back into it all again tomorrow.
Well off to update my website. Till tommorow ...
Lyn :)
SW 107.4kg
CW 93.6kg!!!!
GW 65kg

No comments: