Friday, May 09, 2003

dont wanna go through that again

I have had an extremely stressful morning. My 2.5yr old boy has been throwing up all morning... it's horrible when kids of that age are sick. They can't explain properly how they are feeling and don't understand what is happening to them. Lauren (my 8yr old) had the tummy bug last week and I thought we had all escaped from getting it... but this morning Jordan suprised me with throwing up infront of me, all over the carpet, dining room floor, kitchen floor and laundry floor. I didn't blame him but it made it almost an unbearable thought of cleaning half my house of spew while keeping an 11mth old from crawling through it. I put the three other kids in Laurens room, cleaned up Jordan and put him off to bed. Then I finally snapped when I realised we had run out of disinfectant! I rang Bill in tears wanting to know what to do. Lucky he is in a job that he can leave when he wants to (managers position), so he came home with a bottle of disinfectant and set to work cleaning it up for me! He is a darling when I need him to be :) He took the rest of the afternoon off and we have spent it cleaning up Jordan and the house... he has thrown up 4 times now, poor boy.
After he was safely in bed (which we wrapped in gladwrap to protect it) I sat down to update my journal and couldnt get into my site. It would load the background and adverts and then stall. I must have spent 2hrs trying to work out what the problem was. Did everything from removing everything off my computer I didnt need to create more hard drive space, rebooting over and over, even putting up a post onto a webmasters forum. A reply came back that they had no problems opening it. Well at least that meant it was still there, I had horrible thoughts of it being totally gone... all my hard work gone to waste.
Eventually I got it up but it took 15mins to load up the index page. I have come to the conclusion it must be the server down. If I had realised that 2hrs ago I would've saved myself alot of time and stress.
To add to this Bill rang is junior to tell him he wouldnt be in till 6pm due to family sickness. This guy had the cheek to yell at his boss because he had social plans for the evening. He was rostered on to work till 6pm anyway. Stupid guy lol ... he is going to have an earful from Bill on Monday.
Good news, my site is up again by the looks of it, Jordan is in bed although not sleeping and I have finally been able to update my journal. It has made me realise how much I rely on both this journal and my website for motivation. I felt lost without it. Hmmm ... maybe I have a problem here ... MDD addiction? lol
I got really motivated yesterday (without being able to do exercise) and sprung cleaned Lauren and Jese's room. Changed all the furniture around and scrubbed it top to bottom. I came out with 3 rubbish bags full in the end. Big relief to have that done and earnt myself some bonus points in the meantime. Will get onto Malachi's and Jordan's room next week when I get some more rubbish bags lol. I think I will need at least 10 for their room. So many broken unused toys to throw out.
Well better go check on my boy again. Whoever invented tummy bugs need their heads read!!
Lyn :)
SW 107.4kg
CW 93.6kg
GW 65kg

No comments: