Tuesday, May 27, 2003

talk, talk, talk

Well so much for yesterday being an exciting day ... it was very stressful.
The appointment we had with the agent to look at houses ended up being at 3.30pm instead of the original 11am. This meant we had to take all 4 kids along. We were only meant to be 5mins in the house so decided to leave Lauren in the car with the others to keep an eye on them. But the lady wouldnt stop talking. My goodness she went on and on and on with verbal direah like I have not heard before. On and on about nothing. We kept saying we had to go because the kids were in the car (just outside the door) but she wouldnt stop. In the end Bill said "look lady I got kids in the car I HAVE to go" and he left to see to the kids who were by then getting rather destressed. Then I was in there on my own (great!!). I finally got out of there an HOUR after we first walked in. She totally put us off going with their company. I was so strung out by the time I got home.
My gym assessment went well although I hadnt lost as much weight as I had hoped. My resting rate bpm had gone down 4 beats per minute to 60bpm. The lady said averages range from 60 - 85bpm so looks like I am quite fit. My weight had gone down 3.75kg since my last assesment 6wks ago and I had lost 8cm off my waist!! Was really cool to see her so excited with my progress. I guess I am pretty hard on myself wanting perfect results. Still a good effort and I have to be happy with that.
My eating was good but water was down again yesterday. I find unless I concentrate on getting all my water in, it just doesnt happen. Any day I am busy or out of my normal routine I just cant do it.
Heres my eating for yesterday ...
BREAKFAST - cereal and skim milk 2pts
SNACK - cereal bar 1.5pts
LUNCH - english muffin 2pts
SNACK - rice chips 3pts
DINNER - lean beef 4pts, pasta sauce 1pt, coconut cream 2pts, 120g pasta 5pts, veges 0pts
(no late time snack went to bed early)
Total - 20.5pts (saved 1.5pts)
Water - 4 glasses
Exercise - 1hr15min gym workout - 5pts (total for week - 16pts)
Funny thing happened with a communication error! I have been really stressed with Bill working so many hours lately. He's been doing up to 60hrs a week. I was really upset when he said he was going into to work at 4am this morning. I went bizurk at him! He looked at me really confused "but you want me to do all these hours, you worked out our budget at me working 55hrs!" No, the only reason I had worked the budget out on that was because that was the hours he had done for the last couple of weeks. Apparently he didnt want to do that many hours but thought to get this house and the budget I had done meant he HAD to do them. And I thought it was his work making him do that many. Turns out because we both didnt sit down and discuss it he had been doing crazy hours for the last 4wks for NOTHING! lol The good thing being he can finally go back to just 45hrs ... bout time!! lol
So it pays to talk about things like that when you are really annoyed about something. We had talked about it and he knew I hated him working all those hours but thought I still wanted the new house so bad that I wanted him to work more. I do want the house but not bad enough to not have my husband around. The house can wait for a little bit, at least then we will have a life back.
Lyn :)
SW 107.4kg
CW 92.7kg (weigh in tommorow night)
GW 65kg

No comments: