Tuesday, May 06, 2003

motivation high thanks to you guys!

Wow I am feeling so motivated today!! Thanks to you guys!! wahoo you all rock!!!!!! I have received some more emails and entries into my guestbook telling me how I am encouraging others to keep going on this hilly road to success ... but you have it wrong!!!! YOU ARE ALL MOTIVATING ME!!! I tell ya its the other way round ... I never knew the impact doing the site would have on me! It is fantastic to know that when I am having a bad day and expose myself to my journal that it is effecting others in a possitive way... knowing we are all the same... all human ... all have down days but the difference between a successful person and a failure is not the amount of time we fall down but the amount of times we GET BACK UP AND CARRY ON!!!!!
I did a walk yesterday morning in which I ran a little way, then went to the gym last night for a step class. That class always makes me red faced and sweaty!! I feel so good afterwards! I managed to do even more hi impact during the class. Still not up to the jumping that some others do in the class but it's a fantastic effort for me. I have become to enjoy the feeling of being redfaced and sweaty. I used to hate it, but now I don't feel like I have given it 100% effort unless I do feel that way.
I think that is part of the reason for getting bored with walking ... I am walking as fast as I can for as long as I can but I don't feel a challenge anymore. I can't walk for any longer due to time restrictions. I was walking up to 2.5hrs a day and theres just not enough time in the day to walk for any longer. So the answer? ... I have decided to cut down the time and increase the speed to a jog every now and then. I'm still taking it slow and only jog for as long as I get too puffed then I stop and walk for a few hundred metres then jog again. I did this this morning and loved it!! My feet are playing up again with blisters but I am so enjoying the challenge. (hey I may be running this half marathon yet! lol, no dont think I'm up to it quite yet) But I'm certainly getting there. On that note ... one hint for anyone wanting to start an exercise programme (either gym or running) invest in a good pair of shoes .... and a SPORTS BRA!!! I am so glad I did (especially item number two) I always thought I was too big to run or jump, but it wasnt true, I just didnt have a supportive enough bra to hold onto these big suckers!!! lol I find running and jumping a pleasure now. I used to have to hold my arms under my boobs to stop them bouncing, with my unco' timing skills really made the whole ordeal a little too much to handle. And make sure they are not one of those cheap versions. I paid $50 for this one which is quite highly priced but it is soooo worth it!!
I actually managed to save 3.5pts yesterday ... wahooo! So I am finally caught up points wise for the week. (infact I have 1pt saved for a rainy day). Gee I better have a loss this week ... I sooooo deserve it!! lol
Another success... I have managed to go a whole extra week without grocery shopping. It has been a struggle but we have done it. Family of 6 surviving on a 3kg bag apples, 3 loaves of bread, milk, weetbix, packet of chicken drumsticks, a pumpkin, packet of brown rice and a few veges out of the garden (carrots, zuchini and silverbeat)... all for under $25!! And I have managed to make it interesting too. Lucky I have some herbs and spices in the cupboard. It's been a challenge that I have enjoyed. At the start of the week I was depressed about it but now that I am nearly there I enjoyed it. Only 1 day to go... payday is Wednesday (tommorow)
Well that's all from me today ... off to read some other journals :)
Lyn :)
SW 107.4kg
CW 94.9kg
GW 65kg

No comments: