Monday, April 02, 2007

Kids ... ya gotta love em!

SmileyCentral.com


It's really neat to see people pop their heads up to say hi that followed my first journal! Thankyou for all your kind comments. A friend suggested a whileback that I make my journal private and by invite only this time, after I told her I got burnt a little by being so public last time. I seriously contemplated this but decided that the few bad comments I got last time were far outweighed by the support I got from everyone else. Thankyou to you guys :)

I ended up going over my points last night, first time ever since I started back doing points. I knew my total was heading up there by mid afternoon so did a rescue remedy and got out my handy, dandy point free soup for dinner. But of course had to add some bacon to it to please the man.

I woke up so disappointed in myself this morning. Went to the computer first thing, entered my points for yesterday and realised in having the low point dinner I was only over by 3pts. Pffffft!! What was I complaining about?? I'd get rid of that in one walk.

To give you a bit of background about my walking ... I can't! Well I can but only in very short doses, due to the ankle. I tell ya, there is nothing as frustrating as wanting to get out in the sunshine for a good hardworking walk and not being able to. As yesterday was my day off from work I'd rested my ankle all day and it felt pretty good this morning (no limp) so I took my chances and went! The last exercise walk I'd been on was a week or so ago, I made it to 20mins.

So today determination kick in to beat the record. And on arrival back at depo .... 35mins!!!! Wahooo! Aaaand ... bonus points of ... yep you guessed it ... 3pts!! So I'm all square :)

The sugar points still might get me in the bum on the scales this week but it's all good, I've done everything I can.

Malachi (9yrs) made me smile yesterday when I asked him to get me a can of baked beans from the shop he came up with Oak ones rather than the Watties ones I normally use. Before I could say anything he proudly announced that the Oak ones had lower saturated fat than the Watties so that's why he chose them. How cool is that? I'd never told him to look at the nutritional label, nor have I ever explained to him that I am cutting back in saturated fat. He must have just over heard me talking about it. I gave him a big hug and said Thanks!

6 comments:

Chris H said...

Owww, that is so cute, what a lovely boy he is! Must now go get Oak Baked Beans instead of Watties! Shame I have about 10 tims of Watties to get through first. Good on you for doing some walking, even though it must be difficult with the ankle not being 100%.

Anonymous said...

Hi there i followed your last blog..you have been through the ringger and back again good for you...makes me think if you can do it then i can keep going. I take steriods for a muscle yuckie and have put on 20kgs but if you can do it I can thinking of starting a blog I am sure i could if I tried hard You keep going I love reading you again. Lee

Jules said...

I loved that comment. Ben, my wee 6 year old once commented at the dinner table: "Someone at this table is fat and it's not me!" Thanks my darling little son. Also known to come out of his mouth when he was four, "Mummy, your bum is too big for the toilet!"

Anne said...

LOL - what a sweetie - so cute. I took Devin into town today and told him he could have a fluffy or a pump bottle. He asked what was the healthiest.

Anonymous said...

I can so understand the walking thing at the moment. Well done for getting out for your walk.

I have pulled my calf, hamstring and lower back last week and walking is soooo hard but I am getting more and more frustrated that I cannot get out and exercise this week it is driving me insane.

Chubbymum
P.S Expect a vist this Easter weekend from me he he(even though I am scared and nervous he he he)

Anonymous said...

Is it there yet? Is it there yet?