Saturday, April 21, 2007

Nearly done ... honest! one more minute ...




I've been on this computer for the last 3hrs and just finished putting in another year of old blog entries (ones that I had saved on hard drive from my last diary) so that people who wanted to read about the first time I lost weight could.

So that's 2003 done and started 2004. Just have 2005 to go after that. Most of my actual weightloss story happened in 2003 for those of you who care :p

It's been really interesting going back over my journal for that time. Makes me realise how chaotic things were in 2003/2004. I started ww, got to goal, sold a house, built a house, moved to Hamilton, moved into new house, Bill got amazing job, Bill lost amazing job, sold our new house, moved to Waihi Beach, bought dairy. Wow I'm exhausted just reading about it. That's a heck of a lot to do in 2yrs!

I remember Mandy saying when we met up last month that blogs are like books for her, that she wants to get to the end of the story. And she's so right. It's weird because you get to know someone so well by reading their blog yet you don't really know them at all. And sometimes you know things about their lives that even their closest friends/family don't know, yet you don't know them. It's quite paradoxical really.

Anyway I'm confusing myself with that chitchat ... onto my book ... uh, I mean blog! heheh ...

We got an invite out last night at the last minute, to go to hear a band at the cafe across the road, with some friends. So with a mad dash panic, finding babysitter, putting makeup on and nice clothes off we went. Band wasn't that good but the company was, so we had a good time. Lucky I had eaten light through the day and only had a 4pt dinner so the extra drinks I had didn't put me over in points for the day.

This morning my dad woke us up bright and early at 8am (I know that's not early to some but this is our only sleepin day of the week when staff open the shop, so we try to sleep) Once I was up and out of bed I was fine, not even hung over so that was a nice bonus.

Then the postie man dropped off my new pedometer ... yay!! Bill said I was like a little kid at christmas. I got it all set up and went off for a walk on the beach. But bummer I got the tides wrong and ended up having to walk barefoot through the water. This is fine normally but when it's high tide there's more of a slope and my ankle didn't handle the slop (and lack of support without shoes) too well. So I'm a bit sore now.

I was still happy with my 4257 steps. Except I lost track of time and have no idea how long I walked for. Does anyone know how to convert steps into bonus points earnt? (I was walking at low intensity pace)

Here's the stats if anyone can work out how many points that would be??
  • 4257 steps
  • 3.2kms
  • It says 334kcal burnt off but I find that a little hard to believe, does that sound right??
  • And was "around" 50mins ish in time

If no one knows how to work this out in bonus points I'll just use the 50mins time, but it could have been anywhere from 35mins - 1hr.

Had a yummy homemade egg, avocado, portabello mushroom sandwich for lunch while everyone else hooked into burgers. I'm sure mine was just as nice, and a quarter the points!

Anyway think I'm all computered out for today with adding those archives.

8 comments:

Chris H said...

No idea how many bonus points ya earnt, I never ever counted or used them.... good on you for continuing with your walk along the beach in the water.. must have been cold! But oh so nice walking along the beach, boo hoo I miss it.

jen said...

ohhhhhhhhh I should get off my butt and drive down to the beach and go for a walk...I love walking on the beach.

sandwich sounded awesome....

Jen

Chubbymum said...

You had me smiling like a cheshire cat reading the comment there about my book conversation with you... it is like a book and I soooo enjoy reading your book he he he DON'T want it to end.

I wish I knew how to convert the steps but I have a WW pedometer and I am not sure how they do it.. I think it maybe MAYBE 1 point every 1500 steps???

Love ya
Chubbymum
http://cmlosingit.blogspot.com

Jaxx said...

You have been a busy little bee.... Have a good weekend.

Jaxx

Pascal said...

Hi Lyn,

I was an avid reader of your old journal and was sad when you disappeared.

I was very excited to see you back, and look forward to sharing your journey.

You are a very inspirational person, who I gained much knowledge and insight into my own journey in losing 52kg.

Good luck and I look forward to reading about your successes in the coming months.

I have an old bonus points calculator from my ww at home days, and it says that 50 minutes of light exercise at 115kg would earn you 3 bonus points. The best I could do for you.

Cheers

Rose-marie

Tania said...

So i'm not the only one wanting to get the full story on blogs ... lol ... I try not to link to new ones too often because I have a habit of going back months to get to know the person rather than just reading the last couple of entries!

Lyn said...

Chubbymum - Thanks so much for that. I worked out my exercise to be 3pts yesterday @ 50mins. And with your theory of 1pt per 1500 steps that also works out to 3pts.

Rose-marie - wow 52kgs is bloody fantastic!! That's music to my ears considering I have around that much to lose this time. Thankyou for that!!

Tania - I'm the same, lol

Chris H said...

smart arse! They do know how to do all that, but Griffin is the pitts, always coming down wanting this that or the other... I could throttle him! And Brylee just winds him up and makes him pack a shitty, sending down to our room yet again to bitch about her.... need I say more? You want another son?