Tuesday, April 03, 2007

My baby she's coming home

SmileyCentral.com


It started by looking at Bill's stupid exercise thing, that I'd tried to use but without much success... "the body coach". I was supposed to lie on it with my feet in the air and pull on the cords to lift myself up and down kinda like a cockeye rowing machine. I never did get any sort of puffing or sweat happening.



So I jumped online to see if I could get any instructions on how to use this silly contraption but without much success. But what I did find was plenty of sites offering to sell or hire elliptical trainers. Ahhhh ... now that's what I call an exercise machine. In the past years when I have joined gyms I spent most of my time on these machines and loved them! They gave me a great workout without the jarring on my joints and without the puffing. I would finish my workout with a lovely red glow and sweat pouring off my brow. A real sense of achievement!



I wanted one of these babies! Always have ... but they were just so expensive! Starting at $500.00 and going up to beyond the $1500.00 mark!! But by this stage it was too late, I had fallen in looooooooove!! Maybe I could hire one, but with a $25 a week fee and not to mention bond and frieght, that didn't really seem ideal.



Trade me .... lovely trade me might be my option. After squizzing around for ummm about a couple of hours I set my eyes on her! An imported American pearler with the whole shabang and gadgets .... mmmm .... gadgets .... loooove gadgets!



Problem was I'd fallen for her and the auction wasn't to close for another 8hrs. I put in a small bid bringing the total asking price tooooo .... $48!! Alas someone jumped straight after me with a higher bid. So I played hard to get, snobbing her (as hard as it was) until the time was right. The longest 8hr wait in a very long time!! I nervously brought the subject up with Bill, that I had been bad, very bad! Taking a deep breath and eyes to the ground, I admitted I had bid on the auction. To my surprise he was all for it! He even did a bit more research with me to find out the RRP's. I asked him what price he thought I should go up to. $500 or $600 ... ohhh noo I didn't want to pay that much! I settled on $200 - $250.



9pm was the closing time so at 8pm on the dot I was back on the computer to see how the auction was going. It was up to $145 and a whole new set of bidders had entered the auction. How dare they? She's mine!! Didn't they realise that? I still continued to bite my lip until the last moment ... 5 mins to go ... I suddenly had a spur of emotions and entered in an auto bid of $210. If it went beyond that then she wasn't to be mine and I had to accept the fact of letting her go. 4 mins to go ... bidding was up to $180 .... 3 mins ... $190 .... 2 mins ... $200 .... 1 min $205 ... still in the lead ... one more bid from "them" and I would lose her.... 30 secs to go ... no more bids ... 10 secs ... still in the lead ... then ... "closing" ... I let out a scream ... "yes!!!", then I realised about the "auto extend" ... I'd have to wait another 2 minutes ... hadn't I waited for her for long enough??? Countdown to the final 2 minutes and then I could relax ... she was mine!!!



I ran upstairs to share my excitement with Bill. He too was excited for me. "I'll tell ya what" he said "I'll go up to Auckland tomorrow and pick it up for you" ... "would you do that?? for me??" ... "yes of course, you deserve it with the hard work you have put in with your weightloss"



So here I am awaiting her arrival ... here's a photo of her ...



SmileyCentral.com




Isn't she beautiful??? ....


oops wrong pic sorry ... here she is ...





I'll update you tomorrow on how she settles in when she gets here ..... oooooooo, I'm so excited!!

9 comments:

Chris H said...

Well who's a lucky girl then! It is so hard to win auctions usually, some bugger always comes in at the last second and outbids you...It, sorry, SHE looks really neat. you must tell how it goes, I might want one! Damned if I know where it would fit in my rumpus room though, got a treadmill, exercycle, weights and huge swiss ball in there already! Oh well, I can dream.

Jules said...

Trade me, it's not good for the heart that bloody site!! I remember my second or third auction I just kept bidding and bidding and bidding on an amethyst giant teardrop ring and this bitch in Auckland kept outbidding me, I ended up paying $150 for something that was only worth about $30. I learnt never to bid till the last two minutes after that as I drove the price way up for myself!!

Jaxx said...

Wow good deal there - ummmm may have to pay Trade Me a visit soon....

Jaxx

Anne said...

That was a great buy:) Very sweet of Bill to drive up and collect it!

Anonymous said...

Wow... SHE IS BEAUTIFUL

Well done in getting the auction.

Love Chubbymum

Lynda said...

This is very similar to mine except mine cost $700 back a few years ago. I don't use mine at the moment but I know I will when I can't get out walking.

pointing the weigh said...

Lynn I didn't know you were back blogging
I hope you remember me, Linda in the UK.
I was one of your regular readers and you emailed me when things unfortunately weren't going too well for you but I am so pleased you are back and hopefully life has taken a turn for the better for you.

I am going to start reading your journal from the beginning and I am going to keep in touch.

Lots of Hugs to you
Linda

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chris H said...

Hey Lyn, the deleted comment, what happened there? I know who sent it and she is baffled as to why it was deleted???