Friday, April 27, 2007

I was good or so I thought




Week ending 26 April, 2007

+/- this week: +700g
total points used: 171/182
bonus exercise points earnt: 12pts
total steps for the week (exercise + work): 35,600
number of days exercise: 3
tracked: yes
water consumed: 10 litres/14 litres
sugar points: 23.5pts

Where did I go wrong? ...
  • My overall points were definately down on what they should be... bad, bad, bad
  • water was a little down too
  • and sugar points ... wow!! didn't think I was much of a sugar person but that was way up

Things to work on for this week ...

  • Eat bigger breakfasts so I don't have problems eating too little points overall. And I think I'm having too many points for dinner and not spreading it more throughout the day. By doing this I should be able to keep my motabolism burning faster.
  • Drink more water!!!
  • And keep the sugar points down. My alcohol intake this week didn't help with this. Didn't drink heaps but it soon adds up!

How am I going to achieve these things? ...

  • I did a grocery shop last night and stocked up on breakfast stuff, good snacks and canola spray! I've been out of canola spray for the last week and I realised how much I rely on it.
  • Hound myself on the water thing. Never been a big water drinker so this is something I just need to do. No easy tips or tricks ... JUST DO IT!!
  • Most of my sugar points this week were alcohol points. I started to kid myself that if I only had a couple of drinks on a couple of nights, instead of just one night (like I originally planned), and kept under my daily points then I would be ok. Hmmm ... I'm thinking now maybe not. Going to go back to my original idea ... one night only ... that's it!

So there ya go, I thought I'd been a perfect girl all week but when you REALLY analyse it and look at the nitty gritty there are ways I let myself down.

If I really want to do this then I have to do it and do it properly!!! If I hide stuff then the only person I'm fooling is myself. I know each of these things are minor but obviously if they add up, it may count for my gain.

6 comments:

Chris H said...

Hmm, the end of week evaluation looks ok, I could give it a try eh? Only, I never count bonus points, never have. And I never count sugar points either come to think of it! I am going to make a concentrated effort to track, track, track cos that is the key to winning the battle... for me anyway. Wish me luck, as I do you!

Name: Lynise said...

hi ya,
That little animated guy you post on your blog makes me laugh. I don't normally have sound on my computer (as I need headphones) but today I wanted to catch up with Genelles blog on u tube so I had to go and hunt for a pair so I could hear what she was saying, and finally got to hear your little guy speak. His 'shame shame' make me laugh. (whats that about small things and small minds, lol)
Anyway, I used to struggle with the water as well. I don't mind drinking it at all so I think my problem was just being really lazy with getting myself a glass and filling it. I have found that if I fill a water bottle and keep it with me that it DOES yet drunk and as its a litre bottle I only have to refill it twice more during the day, rather then refilling a cup/glass 8 - 10 times.

Anne said...

WW don't count sugar points any longer. Still would probably need to be watched. Good idea doing an evaluation though. Thanks for reminding me about the water - been busy today and have hardly drunk any.

Chubbymum said...

Well me looking at that... you have done more exercise than you have in a while and then you were under in your points so your body was storing because it thought it was being starved... maybe that is it?

I still count the sugar points as well or I will eat too many sweet things.

Love ya
Chubbymum
http://cmlosingit.blogspot.com

Sienna said...

Hi there, just wanted to know I came in and had a read of your blog.. have seen you around a bit lately, and thought I would come for a visit!

david santos said...

Thanks for you work and have a good weekend