Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Hit the 10,000 mark

SmileyCentral.com


I had a full on evening last night ...


  • 6.30pm made dinner

  • 7.30pm met friends for our night walk

  • 8.30pm got home and ate dinner

  • 9.30pm was in bed

I'm not normally in bed by 9.30pm but was so tired after all the days walking. I made it to over 10,000 steps yesterday ... infact 10,258 to be exact! and 7.7kms!! yayya!


I was happy with the amount of exercise I achieved but not so happy with my water and eating, with only 1.5ltrs of water and 5.5pts under for the day. I really don't like going under the 4pts maximum to save. I have to come up with some better breakfast ideas. I don't like cereal, more of a savoury gal. And while I've been having things like baked beans on toast, poached eggs or grilled veges for breakie (not all in one day!!) Some days I'm either too busy or too lazy to cook something so I end up just having a banana or apple. It's on these days that I go way under points for the day. If anyone has any brainwaves on breakfast ideas that doesn't include yoghurt, fruit or cereal ... let me know.


Today is looking like a pretty uneventful day ... working in the shop and then ambulance training tonight.


Weighin tomorrow morning. I'm feeling ok about it. I haven't weighed myself all week, I don't do that anymore. I did last time I lost weight and it got ridiculous as I was getting paranoid about any little gram I was putting on during the week. So this time I made a vow once a week weighing and that's it! I've done a fair amount of exercise again this week so don't know if that will show up as a gain. Shall have to wait and see.


Thanks for all the wonderful suggestions regarding breakfasts. Looks like I'm going to have to get myself organised and do some freezer meals. I didn't think you could freeze egg based things but looks like I'm wrong.


I did well for breakfast this morning and made myself some poached eggs on toast with 2 hash browns and mushrooms. But then I got too busy for lunch (did an 11am-5pm shift). Argghhh!! can't win! lol


So with too many points to spare I decided to indulge in some burger rings.




I haven't had any chips since I started ww a few months ago. My favourite is Krispa's Sweet & Tangy Chips but at 5.5pts that was just too much to spend for a snack. The burger rings at 3pts was just right. I enjoyed them chip by chip but they gave me horrible heartburn afterwards. Serves me right.

5 comments:

Chris H said...

No ideas for breakfast, I simply don't have it.. I can't eat and then exercise.... something I thought of.. make some vegetable/rice rissoles, or rissoles similar to that, and freeze them, take one out every morning and zap it in the microwave? Quick and easy.. I think you can buy ready made rissoles too, but they are probably high in poionts. An omelette...takes time.... dunno! Hope you are having a wonderful day.

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

What about frittata or something... Make a big one and freeze it in portion sizes... yummmm
Well done on hittin over the 10,000 step...not an easy feat to do in one day...
And as for not weighing in all week ..well done!!!
I am a shocker for it.. I can weigh up to 3 times a day..;o(
Sad I know... I am hoping to get out of that habit oneday...

Chubbymum said...

My trainer used to get me to make up a batch of crepes (really thin pancakes) and freeze them in lots of 2) and then take them out the night before and you can have banana on them or OMG lots of different things.. it just makes it different as having bread etc all the time can be a bore.

Woohooo on the over 10,000 steps that is fantastic.

Your weigh in tomorrow is going to be fantastic hun I just know it.

What about corn frittas? hmmm just a thought.

The other thing I have once a week is a bagel with chicken bacon on the top and a slice of avocado and some tomato and I grill it in the oven... hmmmm but not an every day thing he he he

Love Chubbymum
http://cmlosingit.blogspot.com

Name: Lynise said...

afraid I'm not much use on the breakfast front. I have to have two cups of coffee but havn't had actual food for quite a while. (except on the odd weekend when I have had something cooked) the rest of the time I now have a protein shake. Its chocolate flavour which cracks me up as is really yum and tastes a little like a chocolate milk shake but without the guilt. (100 calories, and low in carbs, but has a whole raft of minerals etc and is VERY good for you) I normally throw a sachet in the blender with some ice and water, and waaa laaa,,, yummy think chocolate shake for breaky. (and its fast)

jen said...

ohhhhhh burger rings only 3 points....gee going to check out my favourite twisties now....be great for a treat!!!
I'm not a breakfast person, but love crumpets with honey and banana's....also piketets with jam and syrup too...very filling as well.

Jen