Saturday, April 28, 2007

mmmmm ... breakfast!

SmileyCentral.com


Wow I can't believe that ww no longer count sugar points!! lol When I joined up online back in February I just presumed everything was the same and carried on my merry way. I'm still going to count them because I think for me it's wise to keep a tab on them.

I knew about no count and did that for a couple of weeks. And while I enjoyed no count I didn't feel I had enough control as to how much I was consuming. I'm the type of person who is an all or nothing personality. When I decide to do something I do it with a passion and have to work out every minor detail. So with points I track everything, weigh everything, check everything off. When I walk I count my steps, my time, my calories burnt. With 'no count' it felt too ambiguous and at the end of the week I wouldn't know if I ate too much or too little.

My tendency when trying to lose weight is to eat too little and not often enough. So 'no count' also didn't help with this.

I had the yummiest breakfast this morning ...
  • 3 rashers of grilled chicken bacon - 1pt
  • 1 slice wholemeal bread toasted - 1pt
  • 1 medium banana - 1.5pts
  • 25g lite cheese - 2pts

Mush the banana on the toast, top with grilled bacon and cheese and microwave till cheese has melted.

Yum, yum, yum!! and totaling only 5.5pts!

Didn't do any walking yesterday. I'd done it quite hard on my ankle the day before with ambulance duty so gave myself a day off. And then today I'm on call for ambulance from home so have to stay here. Probably quite nice considering it's pouring with rain out there. Waihi Beach is like a ghost town today, we joked about closing the doors on the shop for the day. The beach hop is on in Whangamata this weekend so most of the town has gone up to that.

Not much else happening today. Nice day to take it easy.

6 comments:

Sienna said...

OMG... that breakfast sounds awesome!! I am about to do the weightwatchers deal myself!! Have never tried it before! You are an ambo?? How exciting! You must have seen some gruesome things in your time!

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Oh your brekkie sounds devine!!
But what is chicken bacon?
Is it a WW product just from the supermarket?
Yum....I think I could handle a brekkie like that.. I am on my way

Kathryn said...

I am so addicted to chicken bacon :) I may just have some tomorrow for my brekkie!!!

jen said...

ohhh chicken bacon, going to have to check that out....sounds yummo

Jen

Karen said...

Yum Yum - that sounds amazing! And I do love that chicken bacon but haven't had it for ages!!! Might have to try a breakfast like that soon - perhaps for Mothers Day :)

**Mellisa** said...

OMG Lyn... that breaky sounded like a pregnancy craving!! lol ... I have never thought of chicken bacon and banana ..... togethter?? mmmmm..... food for thought!! lol
Don't worry about the gain ... I think I am in for one this week too.... friggen weekends!!
When I am out of routine ... I suck!!
Have a great weekend ...