Monday, April 30, 2007

Jese don't tell anyone





After we got home yesterday I decided to do a hair treatment on my hair, which meant leaving some stuff in my hair for 15mins. While I was sitting in the lounge at 2pm, in my bathrobe and hair looking crazy-like, there was a knock at the door. Our front door opens into our lounge and I could see a man's figure through the frosted glass. I ran outa there so fast and into the bathroom/toilet, interrupting Jese (4yrs) on the toilet. He asked me what I was doing and I held up my finger to my mouth to signal him to be quiet. He said with the loudest voice (so anyone in the house could hear) "Mum, are you hiding from someone??" ... hmmm ... don't you just love their discretion at that age??

This morning I got up and rang a friend to see if she wanted to come for a walk. So off we went, rain and all, down along the beach and to the coffee house, had a coffee and lovely chat and back again... 4,200 steps done and all before the weather went to the pack.

Oooooh ... And I got a compliment from a customer this morning, asking me if I had lost weight. I smiled and said yes I had, thankyou. She said she could really tell around my face ... yayya!!

Then gst day ... gst done ... yay ... and now work till 4pm, while Bill goes off to Tauranga. He's going down to look at a shop down there. They are basically giving the business away. The guy went through road works last year (which have now finished) and made an $80,000.00 loss and then got himself in too much debt to keep going.

If we decide to buy it we will just have to pay for stock. The guy also made the mistake of stopping all hot food, pies etc. and then put gaming machines in. Given that it is right next to a girls high school that was a mistake because with the gaming machines came a bad sort of boy crowd which scared the girls away. Sounds a bit like Georgy Porgy huh?

If we do take it on it's going to mean a huge commitment for the both of us. I will take on the running of this shop while Bill will run the other one (with staff giving us time off). Financially it's a huge gain, family wise ... hmmm ... not sure. I mean there's pros and cons ... Bill works best at his limit and doesn't get itchy feet syndrome when he has a new set of goals to achieve. I'm relatively comfortable running this shop on my own with staff and we're commuting to Tauranga almost daily now for stock anyway. We would line up the staffs hours together so we both have the same day off. And some days I find it's hard with us both working together so much of the day, we often get on better when we work separately and only see eachother in the evenings. The Tauranga shop will only open 7am-5.30pm because it's main target is school girls and people going to and from work.

But then is it going to be too much stress having two shops?? I know it's something only we can decide. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

3 comments:

Chubbymum said...

You were right... It is a week before TTOM grrrr... just that I know I shouldn't eat like I am a starved animal but in the weekend grrrr it certainly felt like it.

Just don't want to gain... want it to keep going down down down ya know..

Wow how lovely was it that that customer noticed you had lost weight and told you... we need more people that take note and tell us aye..

Your little Jese sounds like an angel.... he he he he but it is just like little kids to do that aye.

Thank you for your comments tonight I did appreciate them.

Love Chubbymum
http://cmlosingit.blogspot.com

Chris H said...

A huge commitment .... for sure! I am sure you have done all the pro's and con's and will make the right decision for your family. Only you can know! I did track... see my pictures!!! Niiiiice. Have not been at all bad today... am stuffed up and feel yuk!.

Name: Lynise said...

wow the new shop sounds exciting. I always seem to become 'alive' when I have project and challenges on the horizon and from the sounds of your blog (over the years) I think you seem to as well.

There is certainly a lot to think about when taking on such a big addition, weighing up all the pros and cons etc. If it is meant to be then I am sure it will all come together and feel right, (sort of like my house hunting).