Saturday, April 07, 2007

good girl? what good girl?

SmileyCentral.com



I have just finished another mad Easter shift in the shop. There are so many people here ... IT'S CRAZY!! lol and my feet are killing me. Sitting down to do a quick update before the icecream session starts!

This is the scene all around me while I work at the moment ...






... and ...




... and ...




chocolate galore!! And I've been a good girl and only had one marshmellow easter egg (and that was a week ago). It's bizarre, last time I did ww I just couldn't get my eyes off the lollies and chips (some of you may remember that). I had to come up with a whole lot of strategies to stop myself from eating them.

This time I'm really not tempted. It's like they're not even there.

But I'm not all 'the perfect food goddess' ...

We went out for dinner last night. I really 'should' have chosen the vege wrap that Bill got ... but no ... the little bad girl on my shoulder told me to get the Green Thai Curry. While the other shoulder was screaming at me "no! no! no!" But I pretended like she didn't even exist. Like a stubborn child I went ahead and ordered. It was devine, but don't know if it was worth all the bad dreams I had about gaining more weight!! The 'good girl' got through to me in the end even if I ignored her when I shouldn't have.

As bad as I felt this morning, the 'bad girl' told me to forget yesterday, start with a clean slate, don't worry bout it. But this time I listened to 'good girl' and looked up those points for Thai Green Curry ... 12pts! My only saving grace was that I got too full to finish the plate, but still counted the full points as I really don't know the recipe they used.

So for today I've knocked off the 'bad girl' from my shoulder and only listening to 'good girl' ... she's much more sensible!!

P.S. thankyou for your sweet comment Debbie :)


4 comments:

Chris H said...

Ya know, I don't think a 12 point dinner is that bad! If it had been 25 or over.. Yep that's pretty high! Move on, keep the blinkers on re all the chocolate around you... I do believe you have the WON'T POWER again..... and awwwwww ta for the LOVELY comment today... it got me sitting up pretty quick... being called a bitch... COOL ! Bring it on, I love it...... wish we lived closer.

pointing the weigh said...

Hi Lyn
We both blipped eh? But as you said, "we kow what to do" and we will win!!
I have succeeded in clawing those extra spent points back already...woohoo

Oh WOW! Those choccies, how do you do it? I would have nosed dived into that lot with my mouth open....many times...heehee

Hugs

Name: Lynise said...

Oh my goodness, what a load of goodies (baddies for us trying to lose weight) you have to stare at and still resist. It would honestly take me all of my will power to not give in to temptation. Actually your pics have reminded about the start of my down fall, I should probably blog about it because I realise how much of an effect being in this type of environment had on my waistline :-( and now I am paying the price (double :-(

Tania said...

Hi Lyn - I used to be a lurker on your old blog and was disappointed when you stopped. I recently noticed that you were back again and have sat at this computer on and off this weekend determined to catch up on your entries!

Your courage and determination is to be admired! Your weight loss journey was so inspirational and I just know that you'll do it again. I've got you saved in my favourites list now and will be reading regularly. And I tend to comment more on journals these days, rather than just lurk so you're sure to hear from me more often.