Sunday, April 29, 2007

Beach hoppin to Whangamata

SmileyCentral.com


Yesterday afternoon I was so hungry. I was in the mode of 'I don't care about points, I want food ... NOW!'

I had 10.5pts left for afternoon snack and dinner. Deciding on a low fat potato and leek cup-a-soup at 1.5pts. Had that and I still felt hungry so had another serving ... 3pts gone. Then I turned around to see Bill had a bag full of leftover filled rolls from the deli. All the sensible thinking went out of my head and thought I had to have one ... another 5.5pts gone! I'd be ok, I still had 1.5pts left which narrowed my dinner options but with a little creative thinking I'm sure I could come up with something.

Sitting watching telly on a cold and boring afternoon the danish custard roll sitting on the table kept steering at me. I could resist it, I know I could ... hmmm ... nup!! Another 2.5pts gone!!

That's it, my points all gone for the day at only 5.30pm. By this stage I was turning septic, annoyed at myself and subconsiously taking it out on my pour family members.

I decided on a 5.5pt tv dinner for tea. Put it in the microwave and 7mins later it was ready. I heard the finishing beep and as I stepped up to get it, I realised I wasn't hungry anymore. There was no need to eat it, but my scroodge mentality snuck in ... "I paid good money for that dinner, I need to eat it! No I don't ... I don't need the points"

So I went to bed not eating it and this morning, so glad I didn't! Although I had nightmares about eating lots of takeaways... heheh

We decided this morning to go have a look at the beach hop in Whangamata. I packed some snacks and water and off we went. While the kids pigged out on sausages and bread I had my healthy snack bar and banana. We saw some really cool cars, was certainly worth making the trip up there.

Here's my favourite car ...






Then we called in for a family game of mini golf. Gutted to lose but was a heap of fun! Jese (4yrs) thought he was just the coolest playing golf just like dad!

Bill and the kids called in for KFC on the way home, while I had my subway.

This afternoon it's house tidy time and hopefully get a walk in.

2 comments:

Chris H said...

I commend you for your self control and not eating the dinner after you had heated it up.. I would not have resisited..... Jese is way too cute! Hope your day continues to go well... later chick.

jen said...

awwwwwwww Jesse is a real little cutie...love the pic.

Keep up the effort, cold and windy here today, but got a walk in..

Have a great day,
Jen