Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Aww one more won't hurt ...




I took the opportunity of a beautiful sunny day and a few hours off work to go for a lovely walk. I've changed the route I take now to include a rather steep hill, that way I get the ol' ticker tickin without the foot doing any extra work.

25 mins later and home again, I jumped on the cross trainer for 13mins this time, beating my other workouts by an extra 3 mins. Well the truth is I wanted to see the end of the last song on Juice TV so kept working out till it finished.

The bad thing was when I'd finished I really didn't feel hungry but knew I had to eat something for brekkie. I downed a cereal bar but with only using 2pts it kinda put me under for the day. Bill brought me home some yummy sushi. Given the nearest sushi shop is 45mins drive away I don't get it very often. But that was only 3pts. I had fruit and other snacks during the day, but was left with having far too many points left over at the end of the day. I don't like to gorge myself too late in the day (having a personal rule of no food after 7pm) and I'm trying to keep my sugar points to a minimum.

Some of you are thinking to yourself right now ... "what a girlie swat!! who cares if you don't eat enough??" And trust me I've had my days where all my points are gone by 10am and had to live on point free stuff for the rest of the day. But this other side is something I've been thinking about for a while and never knew how to tackle it. Is it better to not eat enough or gorge yourself late at night with 18-20pts??

I know it's only a pathetic itty bitty problem and could be solved by eating a damn bag of chips. But I don't want to go there. Potato chips are a 'no go' for me, as is pizza and 'cheesy-weezies'... you don't know what cheesy-weezies are??? Trust me ... never, ever eat them or you won't look at regular chips the same. They will be naked unless they are covered in fat laden dripping, like cheesy-weezies. Dictionary meaning "deep fried chips covered with a marriage of tartare sauce and melted cheese" .... damn it! I'm salivating just typing this!!

I made the dreaded mistake of having just ONE of these chips, last week, when my daughter had them. Don't get me wrong I don't let her have them very often but this day she had worked really hard all day and as a treat got to choose her dinner. She has her mother's taste buds and immediately went for the biggest of all sinful dinners.

Now this night I had already eaten, was quite satisfied with my low fat, low point dinner. I could tolerate the smell wafting over from her plate because I had my eyes steadfast on Shortland Street. But then she said she was full and put the plate on the coffee table ... 1 foot away from me!!!! Before I knew it I had bargained with myself that one would truly be ok. And it probably would have ... but I don't know what came over me ... like a hand possessed that I had no control over it was feeding this devine tasting poison into my mouth. And do you think my mouth protested?? NUP!! I was ashamed to admit that in a matter of 30seconds I had inhaled 15 calorie soaked chips. The stupid thing was ... I WAS COUNTING THEM!!! Why for goodness sake was I counting the chips??? If I cared enough to think about the amount of calories I was consuming then why eat them??? In the end I told Lauren to take them away QUICK!!! Away from my evil hand!! Pour water on them, petrol, anything!!!

Then I burst out laughing at the battle that had gone on between my hand and my brain.

So now the only one and true concrete way of not letting this happen again is to ban it as a NO GO food ... just don't go there!!!

7 comments:

Helena said...

One more always hurts! Great to see you back Lyn, man you've had a rough time of it lately eh? I was so surprised to see the "new you" I have to say, you looked so much healthy and happier as the old you in that lovely purple dress. Go for gold mate and keep your foot on the gas!

Chris H said...

There really are some foods that are simply "DO NOT GO THERE FOODS" eh? I have quite a few... Big Uns being one of the worst, I used to eat a whole huge packet EVERY day! Havn't had any in 4 years!!! You just have to decide to never have them, and stick to your guns mate. Enjoy your evening.

Jules said...

I simply can not stop eating biscuits, if I have one that is. I did have a No Biscuit Challenge with myself a while ago and it was brilliant as I didn't have one for ages. Good on you for doing so well and I think that you need to make sure you allocate a ball park figure of points to each meal and then you know you have a certain amount left over to space throughout the day on snacks.

Chubbymum said...

OMG I know what you mean about having one and not stopping.. I am like that with cheese... just don't start and you won't have to stop.

It must be really hard where you work hun I MEAN that would be like OMG sooooooooo hard to have all the tempting stuff in front of you while working... I take my hat off to you.

You have inspired me.. I know you probably don't want to hear it he he he but you are such a goer... you are going for gold and it has made me rethink things since talking to you last weekend.

I am so glad I got the chance to meet you in person hun it was a pleasure. It wasn't long enough he he he.

Keep those hands off those chips my friend... and get on the cross trainer when tempted.

Love ya
Chubbymum
http://cmlosingit.blogspot.com

Anne said...

I'm like CM and have to say cheese is one thing I owuld struggle with if I started to eat it. Cheese and crackers used to be a nightly event while I was cooking dinner. Best not even to have one of any of the danger foods!

Do have to admire you - you've been through such a lot and are back with positive posts and a great attitude:) Keep up the fantastic work Lyn!

Karen said...

Oh like the others I know what you mean about "one more" and unfortunately most of us learn the hard way that "one more" can indeed hurt us in some way or another.
You are one amazing woman Lyn! Keep up the great work xx

pointing the weigh said...

Hoy! Where's Wednesdays update??

I need me daily fix, yours, Chris, Jaxx, AKG....oh wow I could go on a bit longer.

Seriously I do hope you are fine and you are still on track.

I will catch up later and our tomorrow/Thursday

Oh! By the way, my hand has also been known to disconnect itself from my brain.....thats when it is my turn to have the brain cell that me and my OH share.....infact it is my turn to have the brain cell back for the week....yeehaa....heehee

Have a good day

Hugs to ya