Tuesday, April 17, 2007

K...Friggin ...C???

SmileyCentral.com


Don't you hate it when you have it all planned out, everything ... you do your homework, cross all the 't's and then it all turns to shit on ya???

What the hell am I on about??

Dinner ... dinner that was absolute crap!! and so expensive in points it would send the queen into bankrupsy!

As Bill was bringing the kids home from grandma's he rang to ask me what I wanted for dinner. Of course I instinctively replied 'Subway' knowing that no matter how much he got my order wrong it wouldn't be too bad in points.

"I'm not going to Subway, that means I have to get out of the car. KFC sounds better... what do you want?"

Well my head went into a spin. KFC is so bad, I know how many piles of deepfried crap comes out of that place. So I told him I would look up their website find out the best choice and ring him back.

After much deliberation and working out the points on every item they produce, I had worked out exactly what I wanted according to the points I had left.

1 x Honey Roast Burger (2.5pts)
1 x small coleslaw (1.5pts)
1 x small potato & gravy (1pt)

Total = 5pts

Not too bad I thought. I repeated the items 3 times to Bill to make sure he ordered the right thing.

On arrival home Malachi brought my dinner to me in the shop ... hang on, wait a minute!! There's two burgers in here and no potato & gravy?? "ohh that's right. They didn't have your burger, so dad got 2 zinger burgers instead and they got the order wrong and didn't give us a potato and gravy" Malachi informed me.

"What??" So instead of 1 healthy burger I had 2 bad ones?? And do you think I could throw one away, nah ah! After all the effort one underpaid, overworked student had put into that burger, the least I could do was consume it.

So down they went, 2 yucky, dry, crusty burgers that I didn't even really want. And the total points I consumed in that discusting meal???

10.5pts!!!

Now if I had wanted to consume 10.5pts I could think of much better ways to do it, not on dry and crusty kfc!! I must have known something when I felt inspired to wake up and do 20mins on the cross trainer this morning. Next time I'll jump in the car myself and drive to Subway, at least then I know I'll get the right thing.

9 comments:

Chubbymum said...

Oh hun I would be pissed too but you ate it and now I SOOOO KNOW you will get on top of it and get on.

OMG I would have strangled my hubby if he did that... especially if you are trying so hard.

{{Hugs}}
Chubbymum

http://cmlosingit.blogspot.com

jen said...

sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeez men, sometimes you could just strangle them!!!

Jen

Chris H said...

I too was gunna have the most healthy low point meal tonight, Stew was off to some fancy dinner in Leving and I was having vege soup! till he rung and said "we've had a cancellation,want to come?" so I went and had tooo many wines and yuummy food..oooooooo I'm pissed now... and I mean pissed as in tooo many wines..... derrrr

Chris H said...

I mean Levin.... I'm pissed eh? errrrr.... and You are welcome Re: blogger award..... nite ntie..hic..... nite....hic...

Chubbymum said...

Hey hun... I can get on your blog!! Did you recieve this?

CM

Lyn said...

Yeah, for some reason it just came up again. Don't know what was goin on there

Anne said...

Tell Bill - next time GET OUT OF THE BLOODY CAR - and go into Subway!

These things do happen - frustrating yes, but it's behind you now, hope the rest of the week goes well:-)

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Oh I used to love KFC.... but now cant have it... I found out I was gluten intollerant.. no wonder I used to feel sick every time i ate it... but loved it while I was eating it.. haha
Same with all takeaways... Sux hey...

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Oh and I origionally came here to thank you so much for your lovely comments on my blog...
made me smile..