Monday, April 09, 2007

Free woman for the weekend

SmileyCentral.com


Thankyou for saying Hi Tania! It's always nice to hear from readers. And don't be scared to comment (any of you lurkers out there) I don't bite honest! (well not hard anyway)

As I said in the last post I have been work, work, working hard all this weekend. It's not often we have this many people in town, so have to make hay while the sun shines.

Have sent the kids off to the grandparents for the weekend so they don't get neglected with us working so much. Got a call from mum this morning to say Jese (4yrs) was homesick so dad was bringing him home. Then got another call an hour later to say "oh no he's not coming home anymore, he decided he'd much rather stay at grandmas a little longer" lol talk about changing his mind. Was sweet that he misses us tho. The house is very quiet without 4 kids. I am enjoying the sleepins.

Met up with Mandy for a coffee yesterday. We talked non-stop for 1 1/2 hrs! And even then we could have kept going. She's really lovely!!

I've been pretty good with my eating. Went over in points a little on Friday night because we decided with no kids we'd go catchup with friends of ours who own a cafe across the road. One quick 15min visit ended up being 4 or 5 hrs and 5 bourbens later ... whoopsie!

But that aside I have been really good honest ... lol. No easter eggs or hot cross buns for me, haven't really missed them either.

Bit of a boring post today, not much happening. Depending on how my ankle holds out might get out for a walk ... yeah might do that now, why not?

6 comments:

Chris H said...

I soooo envy you being able to off load your kids.... we have NO ONE who can have ours... but then, I am terribly over protective and probably wouldn't let them go anyway! Derrrr. I don't think Griffin or Brlee have EVER spent a night away from home yet, and they are 5 & 6 ! I am a busy wee beaver mate, it's what makes every day interesting... and not bloody boring... I hate boring. Mandy is neat eh? I thought it was me who was talkative, but by the sound of it she just has a knack of making us yak and yak and yak... lol .

Chubbymum said...

Oi Chris H he he he you trying to say I talk talk talk too much he he he he.

Thanks Lyn it was a great cuppa and I tell you I wouldn't have stopped if it wasn't for a feeling that Tania was getting bored as she didn't know what we were talking about he he he.

Woohooo no kids that is fantastic for you hun.

P.S Well done on the loss this week hun..

Love Chubbymum
http://cmlosingit.blospot.com

jen said...

Hope you enjoyed the walk, and better still the time without the kids....

keep up the great efforts,
Jen

Karen said...

Yes Mandy is one amazing woman and so lovely! And I know you are too and I can't wait to be able to meet you in person one day!
Glad you had a good weekend without the kids - yay for sleep ins! :)
You are doing so well - keep up the hard work.
Take care and enjoy the week.

**Mellisa** said...

Oh yay a weekend with no kids!! ahh bliss!! I am jealous!! lol
I found you through .... ummm ... ah shit I forgot.... anyway ... I found you and thought I would say HI!!

Anne said...

Bet your parents loved having the kids for the weekend. They would have a lot of fun!