Sunday, April 22, 2007

I was the sex bomb, until ...

SmileyCentral.com



I woke up this morning feeling like a "sexy wee thing"... know the feeling? Like you could strut down the main street, swingin ya butt and not caring if the world stares at ya. Infact if they do you secretly say in your mind "yeah.. look a bit longer, great huh??"

That all went to pieces when I got a reminder of a goodbye lunch thingie for a friend flying out overseas for a year. Now I have no problems with her, but the cafe where it's being held has someone working there that hasn't seen me in over a year. Last time I saw her I was slim... now I'm fat!! No matter how slim and sexy I feel today (given that I've lost 7kgs) I am a hell of a lot heavier than when she last saw me.

Now I know I shouldn't care what she thinks and need to just put my shoulders back and walk in proud of who I am. In theory that's right, in reality ... hmmm ... we'll see.

I'm taking a big step by forcing myself to go. Normally I just wouldn't go, I'd sit at home in my little cave and hide. So step one ... done. As to how it goes ... I'll let ya know.

I opened the shop this morning at 7am and my shift finishes at 11am. In that short 4hrs I have walked 2kms in the shop!!! I don't count my shop walking as bonus points but it's still fascinating to work out that I'm walking that far when working.

Well it's 11am and the "do" is starting so better get going. (take a nervous deep breath)

Wish me luck ...

I'm back and the girl wasn't even working today, so all was about nothing. I had a good time. When ordering my brunch I looked at the options on the menu and went for a pasta quiche thing because in the cabinet it looked quite low fat. So I got that with a side salad. The salad was 0pts but after they heated the quiche up all the greasy ooze showed itself up! Damn it! It was far oilier than I had thought. I had no idea how to point it. I figured 5pts for the pasta (about a cup), 1pt for the chicken in it and 4pts for the egg/butter holding it together (all up 10pts). Lucky by the time we ate it was after 11.30am so it can be my breakfast and lunch.

Not much else happening for the rest of the day. It's a beautiful sunny day here so might go for another walk along the beach, now that my working shift is over.

Enjoy the weekend!

8 comments:

Jules said...

Hope it goes well Lyn. I am all too familiar with that horrible anxious feeling but you'll do it darling. Have a lovely time out.

Karen said...

I so know that feeling hun - I am sure all will go well and just because you are bigger in size - you are still one amazing kind caring generous woman with an gentle heart!
Look forward to hearing how it went!

Chris H said...

All that stress, for nothing! Don't ya just hate that? I wish you didn't have to feel that way, but I totally understand why you do. *BIG HUGS TO YOU*, you are gunna rock again girl!

Jaxx said...

I know that feeling I am suppose to be going to do a do in June and last time they saw me I was heaps smaller..... I keep putting of the RSVP. I know they proberly wont care but hey I do.....

Jaxx

Jules said...

I know the exact top you mean, I still have that magazine article you know!!

Zanna said...

I understand perfectly the feeling of not wanting to go because of that person and I am so full of admiration that you went anyway. Think that has to be like the guys on Biggest Loser - facing up to and conquering those buried fears.
Take a bow!!!

Anne said...

Could understand how you were feeling, I was hoping you would smile and hold your head up! But you didn't have go through it and just think each day, each week you are heading back to where you used to be!!

jen said...

Good on you for being so brave...and going to the luncheon, pity about the quiche thou...but hopefully you were able to walk it off on the beach.

Hope you had a great weekend,
Jen