Thursday, April 12, 2007

I am happy with that ... I think

SmileyCentral.com


LOL Linda ... sorry you missed my "wed" update. On Thursdays (your Wednesday) I do ambulance duty all day and don't get back till late, so here I am and no I didn't go off track.

I planned a lot better today by having my food on me all day. I took a lot more snacks and ate when I had the chance rather than waiting for 'meal times'. Just as well because the pager went off before I even got to the station and then again before I could even make myself a coffee. So at 2pm I finally sat down for my 'breakfast' coffee. But had eaten my cereal bars and fruit in the ambulance returning back each time.

Now for the proper news of this update ...

I lost 1.1kgs this week!! Very happy with that result, given it was over easter. I think I worked out why I haven't been jumping with glee at each loss so far. I think it's because in the back of my mind I still don't see myself at the start line yet. When I start ww last time my first weighin was 107.4kgs and even tho I have lost 6.7kgs so far I am still 115.9kgs. It's silly I know, I should be proud of myself after all 6.7kgs is over a stone in weight but it's head excitement and not heart excitement yet, if that makes sense??

So I'm telling myself I am proud of my achievement so far but I don't think I will truelly feel 'excited' about each loss until I get below that 107.4kgs.

On with another day ...

7 comments:

Lynda said...

I totally understand why you'll be happier once you have gone below 107.4 kg. You'll get there. Its just so good you are back at it - hopefully along the way this time you will figure out how to stop gaining again. I can't speak as I'm really struggling at the moment... must go and write more about that on my blog.

Chris H said...

I totally understand where your head it at... roll on the 106.4, then you will be 1 kg under the last starting point and really on your way again. Good loss this week anyway mate.

Jules said...

I'm in a similar boat, I'm hanging out to get to the weight I was just before getting pregnant with Sian. 102.6 kg!!

How did you get involved in the ambulance duty? I've always wanted to do it but always thought I was too fat to be accepted in. Funny aye?

Unknown said...

Hey Lyn,

Great news about losing 1.1kgs - you have done so well so far. I know exactly what you mean though about being the start weight of where you were the first time. The thing is with you I know you have the determination and drive to do it (I am still struggling with that myself at the moment). Now that you're on the downhill direction the challenge and thrill of losing each week will spur you along.

I am up to the point where I have just gained back all the weight I took off last year and are back up to 106.4kgs - I'm not quite in the right headspace to deal with it yet, but I know I've got to stop before I go up further. Reading your blog is very inspiring for me and I want to start that downwards thrill too.

pointing the weigh said...

WELL DONE ON THE LOSS THIS WEEK!!!

I know what you mean about not feeling excited just yet but you are so right to feel proud of youself...HEY! I'm proud of ya too you know, you are doing FANTASTIC!!!

I had a loss this week also and that was without the brain cell...I GOT THE CELL NOW THOUGH, hubby has gone to work without the cell...HAHAHAHA...And when we win the lottery, we will buy another brain cell...SO WE HAVE ONE EACH...WOOOHOO....teehee

WELL DONE AGAIN LYN!!

(((HUGS)))

Anne said...

I understand where you are coming from - you will soon be below that other start point. But still give yourself a huge pat on the back. That was an amazing loss especially over Easter!

Tania said...

Congrats on your loss Lyn - it's all a step in the right direction and before you know it you'll be back under that 107.4kgs mark!