Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Thankyou Bill!!!






Thankyou all so much for your words of encouragement!! Posting my weightloss on here is one of the exciting parts of my weightloss journey. In reality there are very few people/places that you can skite about weightloss to. That's the cool thing about blogging, we can be honest and tell of the good times and bad without fear of being shot down.

Bill did a lovely thing yesterday. When he got home in the afternoon he handed me an envelope. Inside was a congratulations card, telling me how proud he was of me losing my first 10kgs. And of course he had a little skite to the lady in the stationery shop about the hard work his wife had been doing. Awww! :)

I had a little story I forgot to post about yesterday. Bill was out on his new toy, a 12ft tinny boat ... fishing. He's been bringing home a lot of fish lately and I'm not a huge fish fan but was proud of him for 'bringing home the bacon'. Anyway I needed to call him on his mobile about something for the shop. As I was speaking, he interupted me with "FFaaaaaaaark!!!" And the line went dead. I tried ringing him back but he didn't answer. I was in panic stations for the next 10mins wandering what had happened, hoping he was ok. He eventually rang me back and said that when I rang he put his rod down to answer the phone. While we were talking a fish had gotten his line and run with it ... taking his whole rod!!! He lost it all!

His friend who was going out diving the next day went to the spot he was fishing to look for it. The water was crystal clear but nothing! So somewhere out there in the deep blue sea is a fish swimming round towing a fishing rod! I told him it will be one of those legends ... see who can catch the fish with Bill's rod attached!

Bugger!!!

I'm on ambulance all day today. It was certainly cold getting up this morning!! Hope it warms up soon when the sun gets up. I hate winter!! Roll on summer I say!!!

8 comments:

Chris H said...

Tell Bill from me he's a bloody twit! Ha ha ha, hope so much you can come with Lee Anne in August... I am so excited already!!!

Christine said...

Glad to hear that your hubby is so supportive - that realllllly makes a difference. I love my blog too - its like therapy. :) Take care.

Anne said...

Can imagine what you were thinking when the line went dead!! That's really quite funny!

I think a few of us would be lost without our blogs. Weight loss meetings are weekly, yet we have instant support by coming on here!

VegasGirl said...

awww. that is sweet of him!

*giggles* I've almost lost a rod that way. My dad told me he would tape it to my hands if I was going to be that careless again. LoL

Lee-Anne said...

Fab idea Lyn. How's 3/4/5 Aug. Will see you long before then anyway so plenty of time to sort things out. Exciting huh.

Hey, anytime you want chill out time lemme know.

Karen said...

Just catching up with everything! Well done on reaching the 10kg loss! You are doing so fantastically well - I am so proud of you!!! You can certainly see the diff in the two photos hun!
And LOL @ Bill's story! But he is a sweetie buying you the card...
Take care

Anonymous said...

He he he.... OMG could be an expensive hobby aye... he he

Wohooo Bill you are a champion for doing such a sweet thing!!!

Love ya
Chubbymum

Tania said...

Oh how great is that man of yours?