Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Call the fire brigade ... I'M ON FIRE!!

SmileyCentral.com


I had a friend of mine tell me yesterday (she knows I'm trying to lose weight) that I have a glow about me at the moment. Wow hope she doesn't think I'm pregnant! lol It's so nice to be receiving compliments on my weightloss, certainly helps keep the motivation going.

Talking about motivation ... man I am on fire!!!! Small note here: I have changed my weighin day from Thursday to Wednesday because I was sick of having to weigh myself at what seemed like the middle of the night (5am) before I went to ambulance.

So this morning I weighed in at 113.7kgs ... that's a 2.4kg loss!! yayya!!!! My biggest loss so far! I had a feeling that my 700g gain last week might disappear this week ... but 2.4kgs!! That's far more than I expected... very, very happy here.

I was really really disappointed last week that I was trying my hardest and was putting on weight. I had that fleeting thought that we all get ... "stuff it, what's the point?" but lucky my common sence kicked in and I 'kept my foot on the gas' as Helena puts it :) Glad I did now!

I went for my night walk with the girls last night. 50mins all up and was feeling it by the time I got home. We made a pact that we are all going to set ourselves a goal to achieve and will tell eachother on our Tuesday night walk how we are going towards our goal. Of course mine was weightloss, but I also got challenged to enter the Thames duathlon (walk and cycle) in February. That scares the shit outta me but then that's me talking at 113kgs. I'm waiting to find a little more info on it yet, but a small inner part of me was spurred on ... maybe I could do it.

Well I'm off to make some breakie, cya!

17 comments:

Anne said...

You are right - you are on fire!! Fantastic result Lyn!

Chris H said...

Of course you can do it (duathlon), if you want it badly enough! So, your aim for this summer is .. a Duathlon and a bikini! heee hee

Name: Lynise said...

woo hoo,,,, that weight is just dropping off you. I know the 700g gain would have been discouraging but looking at the bigger picture, your weight has come down from 122.6kg to 113kg in pretty quick time. In fact thats 9 kilos lost already.
The 10% mark is withing sniffing distance.

Name: Lynise said...

oops, I must learn to spell check before posting. That was suppose to reading 'within sniffing distance'.

Name: Lynise said...

oh darn, I've done it again,
That was suppose to READ 'within sniffing distance'.

Name: Lynise said...

Good grief Lynise, get a grip!!! (and thats all I've got to say about that !!!)

Jules said...

LOL at Lynise!!

Great loss Lyn and you will be able to do as long as you do all your exercises that the surgeon demands of you and do them EVERY day. I wish like hell I had done all the ones I should have to keep my ligaments in my knee strong.

Might be time for an updated photo huh???

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Hooly Dooly.... thats an amazing loss...
I need to work out how to do some of those...
Well done Lyn!! You certainly are on fire!!

Sienna said...

Fantastic work girlfriend!! You must be so proud of yourself!! I love your blog, it is just so easy to read, and so clearly presented, don't change a thing!! (shaking her head in amazement at 2.4kgs... shit, that is unreal!!)

Leighanne said...

Fantastic loss..you are on fire...lol

Lee-Anne said...

That's awesome Lyn. Your mojo's back that's for sure. I love that expression " I kept my foot on the gas". You deserve a medal for digging in at the time where we more likely to say why bother.

Congratulations. It's so exciting.

Rachel said...

Excellent loss. Great idea about setting goals with the walking girls.........every bit helps.

Chubbymum said...

Woohoooooo
Do a little dance... do a little dance!!!

That is a fantastic loss hun! You deserve it..

Wish I was eating what you were eating OMG girl that is a fantastic loss.

Love ya heaps my friend
Chubbymum
http://cmlosingit.blogspot.com

Health Watch Center said...

You have done a awesome job Lyn...keep the good work going...Just 48.7kgs more...you will do it...all the best...

Well I am new here and came across to your blog from Ang's blog, wanted to say hi..

Fitness Health Zone

Tania said...

Congrats on the huge loss Lyn - you reall are on fire, you'll be back down to the double digits before you know it.

Nic said...

You go girl, what a great loss, and as for the dualathon I would be scared too but then I haveb't been on a bicycle in over 25 years, but with everything else you've achieved over the years you'll be in the lead.

celtic_girl said...

Thanks for dropping by on my blog. WOW - 2.4kgs is a sensational loss,well done.