Wednesday, May 16, 2007

NOT FAIR!!!

SmileyCentral.com


I have my bottom lip hanging on the ground this morning. It's so unfair and I'm so mad!! ...

I gained 200g this week!!!!!!

Not going to say much else about it other than I soooo didn't deserve this gain!

My evaluation for the week ...

Week ending 16 May, 2007

+/- this week: + 200g
total points used: 180.5/182
bonus exercise points earnt: 16pts
total steps for the week (exercise + work): 29,000
number of days exercise: 4
tracked: 7/7 days
water consumed: 13 litres/14 litres
sugar points: 22pts

Reflection ...

  • really can't see where I went wrong this week ... full stop!!

  • Exercise has increased over the last three weeks with 6.5pts two weeks ago, then 11pts last week, then 16pts this week.

  • And my incidental steps up again on last week by 3,000

  • Exercised 4 days this week instead of 3 last week

  • water has been fantastic

  • sugar points ... I'm really impressed with on 22, last week was 29 ... big improvement

  • The only thing I can suggest is that my exercise is up and I had a high sugar point week last week (even tho I wasn't over in points) so maybe my pathetic little insignificant failing last week has come to bite me in the bum this week.


Where to from here? ...

  • I'm bloody pissed off!!! Dammit I DESERVED A LOSS THIS WEEK!!

  • I know all the theory about building muscle and shit but doesn't make it any easier to deal with

  • I seem to be taking one step forward one step back and that would be fine if I deserved it. But in having perfect weeks, trying my heart out and not seeing the results is heart breaking

  • It's ok I'm not giving up ... I'm just upset at those bloody scales

I'm off for a walk, hopefully that will make me feel better, either that or make me build more muscle and put on even more weight next week!!!

UPDATE ...

I went for my walk, put on my pumping music and stomped out that anger into the sand saying to myself "I will lose weight, I will lose weight!!!". Walked for over an hour and just under 8000 steps/5.7kms and now I have blisters to show for it!! lol That'll teach me!

I'm doing this!! I'm not going to let a little gain get to me ... power on!!

19 comments:

Sienna said...

Don't beat yourself up over it Lyn! I was 84.5kgs yesterday afternoon and weighed in at 85kgs again this morning! Just hang in there. Have a look at my blog, I have added a few new blogs to read that might make you feel a little better. Life could be much worse. Just take one day at at time. I am going to try and do my salsasize every day this week. I'm here for ya babe. By the way, I love your little grouchy smilie!

Jaxx said...

BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER!!!!!

Jaxx

Rachel said...

Have been trying to think of some supportive, encouraging words to give you but I totally know what you are going through and IT'S NOT FAIR!!!!! You DID deserve that loss...........NOT FAIR!!

Hopefully you are one of these people (like a sister of mine) where it takes a week for her good effort to show up (roll on next weigh in).

Anonymous said...

So your exercise increased did you eat a little more to make up for it... I think that is where I go wrong and don't lose because I am only eating my points and not my exercise points as well ya know.

BUGGER like Jaxx said because you work so damn hard and that doesn't seem fair... but you wait next week is going to be a huge loss.

Big hugs hun.

Love ya
Chubbymum

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Hey Lyn... this is sooo gonna happen girl!! we all know this... and yet we still kik ourselves hard!!
Time to get over it and move on...
I am expecting a gain... coz i deserve it.. haha
caramello bears and cadbury favs arent on my good foods list..but I still ate them...haha
You are so going in the right direction.. 200gms...pffftttt I would cry if it was a 1.2kg gain.. but you will blitz it off next week...
200gms is nuffin in the big world of weightloss girl...;o)
keep smiling.. it will happen!

Kathryn said...

that sucks! Try not to be too hard on yourself, you are doing everything right :) YOu have been really motivating for me with how good you have been with the exercise and avoiding temptation. I'm sure you will have a big loss next week. Maybe you are just retaining fluid or something like that.
Don't forget you are doing great!!!

Jules said...

Okay, remember our pact to be honest??

Pick your bottom lip up and stop worrying over a gain of 200g, you know you could sneeze out that much! It could be any number of things, too much salt, the extra exercise etc etc. You know not to beat yourself up over this so stop it or I'll send you to your bedroom.

Jules said...

http://naturaljules.blogspot.com/2005/08/thanks-bob-greene.html

Cut and paste here to see why you may have not lost even though you are doing the best you can.

celtic_girl said...

I know how it feels when you work hard and dont get the results. Like everyone has said though, it is only .200 grams, hell I can lose that by cutting my toenails!! rofl!

Sometimes it takes a another week for you to see the results on the scales, keep your chin up there.

Anonymous said...

Hey Lyn,

Have you ever checked out the site www.3fatchicks.com.

They have a forum with some interesting information from a lady called Meg in the living Maintenance section.

You dont have to be a member you can just go and read these comments only if you wish.

Meg mentions the struggles, in particular of those that were overweight as opposed to never being overweight, trying to maintain and how it is a lot harder for us to maintain than someone who has never had a weight problem.

This is not said to defeat us but for us to be aware of why at times it seems to be more of a struggle.

That we who have had weight issues need to realise that its not lack of motivation but just needing to find the best formula that works for us and to keep sticking to it and that losing and maintenace is not much different perhaps a mere 250-300 cals for some of us.

Good luck glad your back - you definetly inspire me with your willingness to share your innermost struggles.

Maria

Anne said...

Not fair at all!! Frustrating and upsetting for you. I like though how you've bounced back and are positive.

Also sometimes I'm sure fluid fluctuations have a lot do to with scale readings - it may not be 200 grams of fat - but just a fluid thing.

Power on!!

VegasGirl said...

awww...that is frustrating, but you've all ready lost so much that 200g isn't hardly worthy of your time.

My initial thought while reading this post was, "I bet it is muscle!" but you didn't sound too interesting in that idea =0p So, I'll just leave it at 9kgs lost so far is a big accomplishment. AND you made an American look up how much 9kgs is in pounds =0p hehe(Almost 20...wow!)

Julie K said...

Hi,I am glad I found your blog! Good luck with the dieting I am on WW too lost 20 pounds since February I know your struggle,I found adding prunes and pears to my diet got me off my plateau! My thoughts are with you !!

Name: Lynise said...

ouch, I know how unfair a gain is, expecially when you've done everything 'right'.

My PT at the gym gave me some product info last week and one of the items they stock is a detox program. I was reading the brochure listing all the benefits of giving your body a detox and was a little surprised to read that the body can sometimes contain more then 4kg of waste in the small intentines. Wow I thought thats a lot of poo, (sorry for being so graphic) but 200g could be so many things, a glass of extra water, some built up waste. I know its disappointing but chin up and onto another week we go.

Chubbymum said...

Good on you girl... it isn't going to beat you and you are going to do this....

Love Chubbymum
http://cmlosingit.blogspot.com

pointing the weigh said...

YOU SAID......I'm doing this!! I'm not going to let a little gain get to me ... power on!!


I SAY......GOOD FOR YOU GIRL!!!!!

Big Hugs

Mel. said...

Sorry to hear about your gain and all I can say is sometimes our bodies have a mind of there own. We just need to be greatful that we wake up every day and that our bodies get us through the day. Don't beat yourself up over this, its happened and sometimes we can't understand why. Tomorrow is a new day and you need to start again and be grateful for what we do have.

jen said...

Our bodies are weird and wonderful machines and just love to play games with us and the demon scales I am sure of that!!! Don't know how many times I have actually thrown my scales out in a tanty and utter disgust!!! Keep on plugging away darl....you are worth it, you deserve it..POWER ON!!!

Lee-Anne said...

Days like these really suck that's for sure. I felt the same this morning. But we have to keep our eye on the prize. We'll get there.