Friday, May 25, 2007

The burning celebration





LOL Rachel ... yes I guess I must be addicted if on my day off I choose to do ambo. I just love it so much!!

And for those of you who said you like my evaluations idea ... ehem ... I actually stole it off Zanna lol ... thanks Zanna!

I have been missing my walks. The last one I did was on Tuesday night with the girls. Then Wednesday and Thursday I did ambo all day so no walks. By this morning I was itching to get my feet out there.

As I put my exercise clothes on Bill remarked to me ...

Bill: "What do you mean you haven't lost much weight?"

(I'd been moaning to him about my weekly average weightloss not being much)

Bill: "You can really tell that you're toning up when you put those clothes on. Much better than that UGLY skirt you wore the other day!"

(WTF?!!)

Me: "You don't like my skirt? You've never told me that!!"

Bill: "I know"

Me: "And you wait till now to tell me??"

Bill: "It's just that it makes you look worse than you are"

Me: "What do you mean 'worse than I am'?!?!"

Bill: "you know what I mean."

Me: "No!"
(had to make him dig the whole deeper!!)

Bill: "Yeah, infact I hate that skirt so much I'm going to burn it!!"

Me: "What?? You can't BURN my skirt!! It's mine!"

Bill: "Yep, that's what I'm going to do"

So there you have it ... a skirt burning celebration has been born!! I didn't know whether to hit him or hug him!!

I walked for 1hr 30mins today, stopping off at the coffee house on the way. Then went into Waihi to do the banking, calling into the ambo station on the way back for another coffee ... whooops, overloaded a little on the caffeine! (for someone who's not used to drinking much coffee). Hence now I'm bouncing off the walls. Well I guess at least while I'm at work I'll get lots of things done! lol

For those of you who have asked about an update photo ... I'm waiting till I hit the 10kg lost mark, so "hopefully" that will be in the next couple of weeks (only 600g to go).

Well I better get onto that stuff to do, getting ants in my pants ... gotta go!!

5 comments:

Christine said...

Isn't that just the truth - they never tell us it looks bad till after the fact! LOL! I probably would have given the guyy a hug - nice to know he "notices" your changes!
Can't wait for the updated pictures!

celtic_girl said...

Good your hubby noticed the changes, bad on the skirt pfttt..... what do they know anyway? lol

pointing the weigh said...

Awwe...he's noticing the changes...thats fab!!

Hugs

Jules said...

Gotta love Bill!! He really has done it as best he could, didn't tell you until you were no longer in need of said UGLY skirt that he hated it.

My Dad did the same thing with an ex boyfriend. Didn't tell me until he was dust that he couldn't stand the bugger.

Mum, on the other hand, tells me while I am about to head out somewhere wearing the article of clothing that it is ugly and makes me look fat, fatter than I actually am!!

Sienna said...

I have to say, I often have my girlfriends tell me the same thing. I hate my stomach, so I tend to wear tunic style tops alot that cover it up, and long flowing skirts. They say the skirts kind of well, cover up my legs, which are the only slimmish part of me, and give the viewer an idea that my legs are as big as the rest of me, which isnt' true. They say jeans, and long pants (which just ain't my bag) make me look about 10kgs lighter, and that I need to wear more fitting clothes to make me look much smaller. Good on Bill for being honest. It's all good. BURN THE SKIRT!!

Also, I wanted to comment on your comment on my blog about weight issues being more incorrect food choices than overeating.
I know myself, that my weight is due to eating TOO MUCH food. I don't have a house full of crap, I only have access to high fat, high sugar foods when I am in town 1 day a week. The rest of the week, I eat normal good food. However, I am still very fat. I am fat because I eat too much food. My portions are too large, and I dont' eat much at all in moderation. I remember saying to a friend who is skinny years ago. "Oh, I just ate like 20 rice crackers, but they don't count right?" She replied "Liv, everything you put in your mouth counts, whether it be an apple, or a piece of cake. They all have calories". It's true, you can still eat too much and get fat from eating good food. Moderation is the key they say. You can still have cheese and chocolate, you just have to watch the portions. In saying this though Lyn, I do agree with you partially. I think that wrong food choices are the reason many people are overweight, but it's not the case for me personally.