Monday, May 14, 2007

I love those kids!!!

SmileyCentral.com


I was informed by my 11yr old daughter on Saturday evening that I had to leave the room for 5mins while she brought my surprise into the house and hid it, then was banned from her room.

Something was up ...

Sunday morning I was wide awake at 7.30am, woken by the commotion in the lounge. I stayed in my room as long as I could. Suspecting my breakfast in bed was on it's way. Thoughts of burnt toast with a sceric of jam and dry weetbix didn't really excite me much, but I knew their hearts were in the right place so I patiently waited.

I got up and snuck into the toilet at 7.45am but couldn't see any evidence of a breakfast being made so presumed my suspicions of breakfast were wrong. As I went back to my room I could hear giggling going on outside my door. Jese (4) poked his head around the corner and burst into laughter when he saw me looking at him. Next minute all four of them came in with these lovely flowers



and a tray with 1 banana, a pot of yoghurt and a cereal bar with a little tag laid down next to them saying ... "happy mothers day, 4pts"

Absolutely perfect!!!

The lady (a friend of ours) from the florist across the road had come into the shop first thing to kindly reprimand Bill for making his daughter pay for my flowers out of her own pocket money. He was taken by surprise as he didn't know anything about any flowers. She had done it without him knowing.

Then when they wanted to do breakfast for me Bill kindly pointed them in the right direction as to what to get me and told them the points. It was very cute!!

I set off for my day out. My sister and I had a great catchup. We both decided we'd pop in to see mum for dinner and then Dad rang. "Quick, mum's having her afternoon nap, are you coming round to see her for mother's day, I think it would be nice if you did" Grrrr, lol ... we'd already planned that.

Lunch was low point at my sister's because she's a ww connoisseur. So by dinnertime at mum's I'd done quite well. Mum on the other hand is a ww rebel! She believes nothing tastes very good unless it has half a pound of butter melted through it!

My sister and I offered to help her with dinner ... omelets with fried mushrooms and courgettes. We prepared the veges and while she ducked out to see if there was any bacon in the freezer I tipped all the melted butter out of the pan and quickly threw the veges into the nonstick frypan before she got back. She was none the wiser!! lol Sneeeaky!!

Finished the day exactly on target with points (thanks to getting rid of the butter) and drank all my water. Had a great day out and heard all the exciting developments with my sisters pregnancy.

Overall a wonderful mothers day, especially arriving back to a spring cleaned house thanks to hubby and chillins!! ;)

Got up and went for a lovely 40min walk before sunrise ... another beautiful day!!

10 comments:

Anne said...

Oh I got warm fuzzies at seeing the flowers and then to top it of the 4 point breakfast!! How caring is that! I know all kids have their moments (good and not so good) but they don't come much sweeter than this. Pleased to hear you had such a lovely day and LOL at you getting rid of the butter.

Rachel said...

What an awesome Mother's Day you had and I especially loved the tag on your breakfast tray....very cute.

Jules said...

I love your mother's day gifts. Kids love their Mum's so unconditionally don't they? Makes your heart swell.

Christine said...

And a happy mothers day to you too!

Nic said...

That 4pt tag sounds so cute and LOL on the butter...glad you had a good mothers day. (and so cute your daughter buying you the flowers on her own behind dads back and what a wonderful surprise of a spring cleaned house).

Nic

Kathryn said...

sounds like you had a wonderful mothers day :) Good effort on sticking to your points.

Chubbymum said...

What a lovely day you had... how georgeous are your kids and poor hubby for getting told off he he he.

Great going for sticking to points... geesh are you on to it or what.

Love Chubbymum
http://cmlosingit.blogspot.com

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Sounds like the perfect day... what a lucky mum you are!

Mel. said...

Oh what a great surprise. You sure have got some great kids. What a lucky person you are. Sounds like you had a great day and one well deserved.

Tania said...

What a great gift you're giving your kids - the awareness of a healthy lifestyle! My parents are the same as your mum, i've walked into their house and my stomach has churned at the smell of things frying in butter - not a nice memory, but still you managed to save the day - well done for enjoying your special day on target with your points.