Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Scales be nice to me ...

SmileyCentral.com


I had a friend come into the shop yesterday afternoon that has also broken her ankle with a plate and she made a comment that made me think.

She mentioned that the cold weather plays up with her ankle and yes I suddenly realised that was why I found my walk so hard yesterday morning... the cold!!

There's not much I can do about it but makes me much happier knowing why.

My coldsore/pimple thingee is much better today. It came to a head yesterday and I was able to get most of it out (oops sorry TMI??). Now there's just a small scab (which I promise to leave alone) and the swelling has gone down to make it almost unnoticeable.

I am trying so hard to get to my 10kg lost mark this weighin (tomorrow). A 600g loss will get me there ... please scales be nice to me!!

I'm trying to eat relatively lightly today, still of course eating all my points, but avoiding anything stodgy and heavy. So I had a salad for lunch and boy was it YUCK!!! lol Normally I'm a bit of a salad fan but this one just didn't work. Alfalfa, bean sprouts, cherry tomatoes, 1/2 avocado, 1 mandarin, grated carrot, lite tuna and a bit of dressing. I had to force it down!! The things we do for those scales huh? lol

I have my walk on with the girls tonight. It's getting really cold and dark early in the evenings now which makes it very hard getting out there. But I do find once I'm there and walking I really enjoy it and the time goes really quickly. Before I know it I've done 50mins and over 5kms.

Bill's going out of town tomorrow so I'll try and get my weighin done early then if I do meet my 10kg lost mark I'll get him to take an update photo.

All fingers and toes crossed!!!

10 comments:

Anne said...

Good luck, hoping you get the result you want and that you are in for a good week after the last couple!

Nic said...

Hi Lyn

Here's to your weigh-in tomorrow and your 10kgs. I have my fingers and toes crossed for you.

Nic

**Mellisa** said...

I've got to say that salad sounded foul!! I couldn't eat it either... lol
Good luck with your weigh in ..... I am sure you will be fine!!
I don't hurt in the cold but I do find it hard to get moving.... and about 3-4pm I am almost alseep at my desk..... This is snuggling weather!! lol

Chris H said...

Oh I do hope you get to your 10%... and I look forward to a new photo...

Christine said...

Hey - rooting for you for the weigh in! I am always stressed before the weigh in too! Here's to hoping for that 10kg mark! Will be checking in with you! (and yes, the salad sounded nasty ass!)

Tania said...

Fingers crossed for weigh in tomorrow - i'll be checking back first thing in the morning (one of the advantages of knowing we're a couple of hours behind).

Lynda said...

Good luck with your weigh in! I'm sure you will do it.

jen said...

Fingers crossed for your 10%....good luck!!

yuk, how did you eat that salad??

Alls crossed, good luck,
Jen

VegasGirl said...

Good luck on your weigh-in!!!

That salad sounded like it had way too much going on for it. hehe. Too many mixed flavors must have made it hard to eat.

LoL. I had to check your profile to see where you lived since you said it was getting cold. It has been so hot and humid here that everyone is getting grouchy.

Chubbymum said...

Good luck with the weigh in....

You will do it no sweat.

Love Chubbymum
http://cmlosingit.blogspot.com