Sunday, April 13, 2003

hit bottom after yesterday's high :(

PMT day hit with a vengeance today... don't know why I'm so cranky... well actually I do but still doesn't make it any easier. You know when someone tells you you're in a bad mood just makes you MADDER!!! lol
Yes the dreaded TOM arrived this morning. I had fleeting thoughts that I now wouldn't be able to go to the gym today ... but NO! That's no excuse, I kicked my grumpy bum outta bed and got off to do my exercise for the day.
I was actually glad when I got there and really enjoyed my workout. I even sneaked in 20mins (only allowed to do 10mins) on the elliptical crosstrainer... hehe. I love that machine! It's kinda like a treadmill, cycle and crosscountry ski machine combined. You do a running motion on it but without the jolting. The first time I tried I really couldn't get the hang of it. But today was my third go and I suddenly got it. The secret was to not be scared of your boobs bouncing lol. I really worked up a sweat on that thing.
Did anyone watch the Good Morning show this morning? They had this guy on there who is the personal trainer of heaps of famous people (Madonna, Sporty Spice, Naomi Campbell to name a few) He was saying how to get the best of a workout for losing fat... Work 2mins really hi intensity (so you are sweating and puffing) then 1min low intensity, then 2mins high, 1min low etc, etc. He said that way your body goes into hi mode of fat burning and it keeps your metabolism on hi speed for 18hours afterwards!! I like the thought of that. So all those teachers telling us to get running and not walk in P.E at school, were wrong!!! Oh if only I knew then what I know now ... hehe!
So I'm definitely going to give that a try. Be interesting to see if my weight losses increase. I'll let you all know how it goes.
Thanks to all those people who have signed my guestbook, left comments at the bottom of my journal, voted on my polls, and sent me awesome emails!!! You guys are amazing!! Each comment means so much to me!! Thankyou, Thankyou, Thankyou!!!
I have had a lot of votes in my 'Do you have a weightloss online journal?' this week that would love to have a website but don't know how. I'm am trying to think of a way to help others that want to start one up. I may do up a fact sheet that I can email people if they want it, explaining step by step how to go about doing a website. The problem is there is such a lot of information to give that I'm not sure if I can get it all on one file. And there are things that can happen along the way that is just trial and error. If I have some time spare to put it together and if enough people are interested I may do it.
Bill and I had a big argument this morning (bad timing with TOM here but that could be part of the reason lol) And typically it was about money (I'm sure every couple argues about that at some stage or other) We don't argue alot so it really effects me when we do. I am impressed tho... we have a rule, we never leave the house or go to sleep without giving eachother a kiss, and Bill came up to me this morning after our blowup to say he was leaving for work and to give me a goodbye kiss. I must admit it wasn't the most passionate kiss in the world, lol, but at least he didn't break our rule :)
The kid's fighting is driving me barmy already. It's only day 1 of the holidays so I don't know how I'm going to survive the next two weeks :) Mum is going to take Malachi (5) for the first week (he supposed to be picked up tonight) and then I'll take Lauren (8) down for the second week. That should slow some of the fighting down.
Chino's sore on his neck looks alot better today so it should heal on it's own before the show. It's now only a small scab. So tempting to pick it off, but I'm holding back ... just! lol. It's like when I see a pimple on Bill ... I just can't resist, I have to squeeze it. He thinks I'm crazy lol, but I know there are other females out there the same! Right?? lol
Well I'm not feeling so cranky anymore! You guys are great therapy! It's amazing what a listening ear will do :) Thanks guys!
Lyn :)
SW 107.4kg
CW 96.4kg
GW 65kg
11kg in 13wks

No comments: