Sunday, April 06, 2003

The highs and the lows

The cat show was an incredible success!! Chino my 8.5mth old Burmese cat got the following ribbons ...
1st Best of colour
1st Best of group
1st Best of Type
and best of all .... "CHAMPION BEST IN SHOW KITTEN" I was overwhelmed ... I went into it not really knowing what to expect or how he would do but to come out as the top ribbon was simply amazing. I think I am hooked now! lol
My breeder also got an award "Best Breeder" because of Chino! Consequently she wanted me to enter the Burmese Cat show at the end of this month and has paid for his registration fees as a thankyou! But actually it should be me thanking her... she was just amazing, helping me out, showing me what to do and supplying the white towels, sheepskins for the cages, and litter tray. If anyone wants a Burmese cat (New Zealand) let me know because I highly recommend her and her kittens!!!
Eating was a little difficult being at mums on Sunday night ... ended up with pizza for dinner. I limited myself to two pieces but was difficult to point them as it was a home made one with loads of cheese. I worked it out as 5.5pts each piece. And lunch I went out with my sister to a funky cafe. Sate chicken tortilla YUM!!! Again difficult to point out but concluded it would be around 10pts. Ended up at the end of the day with being 5pts over my daily allowance but I had a few saved up my sleeve so I still have another 2 left. Which I will need for a Managers dinner for my husbands work do on Wednesday night... hmmm ... might need to save a few more for that one lol
I had planned to do a big walk yesterday while chino was at the show but it ended up pouring with rain so that idea had to go out the window.
I wanted to make up for it today so planned for a long 8.5km walk with hubby and the two youngest. We started out ok but a third of the way into it Jordan fell off the pushchair and didnt want to go back on, then Bill stepped in a hole and twisted his ankle. He said he wanted to take the kids home while I could keep going. Man I was wild ... not at him but at the situation. So he went home and I plodded on but only 500m further on my blister on my heel got so bad that I couldnt keep going either ... grrrrrrrr!! wasn't my day for exercise I guess.
I came home (still earnt 3 exercise points) but I was in such a foul mood after that. Don't know why, wasnt Bills fault lol. I guess I am just hitting earth again after the high of the weekend but boy have I hit hard! Anyone would think it's TOM for me (not due for another couple of weeks) but I am so grouchy!!! Well writting it down here has helped some.
My water intake today has been terrible. Only drunk 1 glass so far and its already 4.30pm!!
Well better go get drinking I guess!! I gotta get better tomorrow... this is terrible!
Lyn :)

No comments: