Saturday, April 19, 2003

chocoholism

Easter Sunday ... the day easter bunny gives out his surprises. Well that's what my 7yr old daughter thought until I unknowingly crushed her dream this morning. She came running in to me to inform that Mr Easter Bunny forgot to give out his easter eggs. Thinking she was joking I said Yeah, but you know easter bunny is just make believe not real. Her face dropped and eyes welled up... oh nooo, I had just killed her fantasy idea of Mr Easter Bunny!! We have never done the tradition of Easter Bunny before, it must have been something she had picked up from school. We always give out easter eggs but never make it out that a magical bunny did it.
We still have Mr Santa Claus believed in our house, but easter for us as kids was always focused on Jesus and the cross more than a bunny, so I guess it didnt come naturally to me to think about a bunny being so special. I felt terrible, nothing I could say would bring Mr bunny back to life. I did say how we celebrate easter as a family and that mummy and daddy go out specially to choose easter eggs for each of you to show you how much we love you. With that she gave a little smile, some comfort I guess.
On that note I will get onto my other concerns for the day. Easter!!!! Chocoholics heaven - slimmers hell! lol I have set up a plan to only allow myself 10pts worth of chocolate over the 3 days. Of which I have had 2 so far. I just hope I can stop at 8 more. Spending this evening and tommorw at mum's will be a challenge as always (food wise)
Yesterday something happened to me that hasn't happened since I started 14wks ago. I was unable to control my urge to eat a chocolate dipped, flake, softserve MR Whippy icecream! Normally I would think 'That would be nice, but noo I shouldnt' but yesterday I told myself that and it didn't work. My hand was being controlled by someone else, bring the cone nearer to my mouth! And before I knew it I had taken a bite! All the while thinking nooooo what am I doing??? But being unable to stop. How did I end up with a chocolate dipped, flake, icecream in my hands you ask?? Lauren had asked if she could have one when Mr Whippy came past yesterday and I said yes, since she had earnt some pocket money. So I sent her off to get 2 "plain, single serve icecreams" with a $10 note. (One for her and one for Jordan, 2yrs) She came back with 2 chocolate dipped, flake jumbo softserve icecreams! With Jordan playing in the room unaware of what was going on, I thought there is no way he is going to be able to eat this without it getting everywhere. So at first I thought I would just remove the chocolate coating so he could have the inside, (which went in my mouth) then I needed to lick the melted icecream dripping off the sides and before I knew it, it was almost gone. BUT ... I stopped myself at eating the cone and the flake. I gave the cone (with icecream still in it) to Jordan and the flake is still sitting in the freezer. So I guess that is one consolation.
Had a really cool compliment from my friend Janice last night :) Her and Moira came round for dinner (I was out getting dinner when they arrived) and when I walked in the door she noticed straight away that I had lost weight! :)) She couldnt get over my improved posture, which is interesting. I have been concentrating on posture muscles at the gym but didn't realise it would have improved already. I also had my new fitted top on as she said it was more noticeable with fitting clothes than with my usual baggys on :) So that has set me off on a motivated good morning!
I want to go to the gym tommorow morning in Hamilton. I have been told that I can use any contours gym anywhere in the country with my membership. So hopefully I can run off in the morning while Bill is with the kids. Hope they are open.
So I wont be able to update till Tuesday now. Let you know how my temptation chocolate weekend goes.
Take care,
Lyn :)
SW 107.4kg
CW 96.1kg
GW 65kg

No comments: