Friday, April 18, 2003

end of an era

Wow, where to start?
Firstly, I big thankyou to everyone who sent me wonderful emails!! I am feeling ontop of things again today.
On a sad note... my car blew up last night :( It was the first car I purchased 10yrs ago, and it has gone like a dream since I bought it. We have only had to spend around $1000 on repairs in that 10yrs. I knew it was on the way out. The engine was making very funny noises, it was leaking alot of oil, and the gearbox was hard to get into 1st and reverse. It has done over 280,000kms and I have some very fond memories in that car (including my very first kiss, taking my foot off the brake and rolling into the flatmates car ... lol, hiding my boyfriend in the boot for 2hrs till my parents went out, getting caught by a security guard with 'steamy windows', and travelling round the country sleeping in the boot when we couldn't afford any accomodation)
So the fact that it has finally died is a little sad, but I say it with a fond smile.
I think I did well with my eating yesterday. I really wasn't in the mood to be healthy, or to eat any meals, so I just snacked all day on rice crackers, rice wafers, cereal bar, popcorn and then did up a quick stirfry for dinner. At the end of the day I had eaten all my points and not gone over. My water was way down so I sipped 4 glasses while on the net last night and topped it up with 2 glasses diet coke. (I was up all night peeing again)
I'm not able to get to the gym until Monday with the kids at home and the gym creche shut for the holidays.
We were supposed to be heading off to mum's today but with the car dying we are down to one car again, and Bill needs it to get to work. So we will head off on Sunday afternoon when he finishes work and come back Monday night/Tuesday morning.
Got a busy week ahead of me with the business next week, so I'm taking the weekend off. I think I deserve it :)
Lyn :)
SW 107.4kg
CW 96.1kg
GW 65kg

No comments: