Friday, April 25, 2003

the good, the bad and the ugly news

Well the best news for today is ... I sold my car on trademe and the auction closed at ... wait for it ... $1460!!! For a car that has a siezed motor I was exstatic with that price. We only expected to get a couple of hundred dollars for it.
Chino goes to his show tomorrow. Had a dream last night he was covered in scabs!! Was relieved this morning after I checked him (had to check didnt i? lol) No scabs. His eye is a little cloudy again. Aparently a problem Burmese cats have. So in went the drops again. Hes really not liking me for that. But they do the trick, within a day its usually all clear again.
Got a case of the binges last night. I was home alone and bored. I wasn't actually hungry, infact I was uncomfortably full but felt like I needed something. I ended up having half a packet of Rix rice chips (3pts) which is a good thing to binge on, but I didn't need them. The good thing is Bill tried to persuade me to have a few Rum & diet cokes when he got home and I resisted and said no I didnt need them. So I am pleased about that. As it was I went over 2pts for the day so imagine what I would have been over if I had indudged in the Rum??? Overall I did pretty good I think.
Went for a big walk yesterday like I promised myself I would. All 1.5hrs and 6 bonus points. Malachi was complaining by the end of it, poor little man. He took his ride on scooter but was a lot of exercise for a 5yr old.
Bill is at work till late again (around 10pm) and I am babysitting for a friend, so I have to take the kids around there. They have 5 kids plus my 3 (Lauren is at mums) making 8 kids (wow!). Hope I survive it! lol The hardest part will be getting Jese to settle at someones elses place. I'm stressed just thinking about it.
Then it's off to mums tonight after we get home (around 10pm) to get ready for the cat show at 7.15am tommorrow. I'm looking forward to it but boy I think Im gonna be tired by then. Why do we volunteer ourselves like this for others. Don't get me wrong, I love helping others out, but sometimes it all gets a bit much. I'll get over it I guess. Hopefully Chino will pick up some prizes again, that will make up for it. The cat show is just Burmese (last show was all breeds) and he is entering as a Junior cat, not a kitten like last time. He missed out on being in the kitten ring by 1 DAY! so that will probably make him one of the smallest cats in the ring. Hopefully his shiny coat and imaculate good looks will make up for it (I'm biased of course! lol)
Wish us luck, and I'll let you know how I get on when I update on Monday :)
Lyn :)
SW 107.4kg
CW 94.8kg
GW 65kg

No comments: