Saturday, June 30, 2007

Get outa my way!!!

SmileyCentral.com


It's pouring with rain here today and guess what I had to do? ...

I had to drive an ambulance backwards up a windy, skinny, dirt road and skid to a holt in a matter of seconds putting the ambulance into a sideways skid and steer myself out of it both on a dirt road and tarseal road in the rain!!!!

And I did it and in doing so passed my first level ambulance driving. Which means that I can now drive an ambulance from the hospital back to station.

Even half an hour after I'd finished my assessment my pulse rate was elevated!!!! Talk about adrenalin levels!!!

Next is my defensive ambulance driving course on the 14/15 July, then I can drive code 1 (lights and sirens) to a job.

So I'm feeling pretty pumped but excited today and glad it's over with.

Eating has been good, weight is down on last weighin (shhhh I didn't tell you I sneaked a peak on the scales) hopefully it stays down till weighin.

That's me today ... a good day!!!

11 comments:

Christine said...

Don't think that I could have passed that test! I have a phobia with the rain! :) (And congrats on sneaking a peek at the scales!)

pointing the weigh said...

WELL DONE.....WOW!! You are doing so well lately with the ambo training and the weight loss.

We all sneak peeks at the scales....wellll, I usually trip and accidently land feet first onto mine....happens all the time....teehee

Hugs hun

jen said...

woooohoooo its not easy driving in the rain espesially on dirt, good on ya for passing that test!!

Fingers crossed for scales staying down...(shhhhh I didn't see ya take a peek!!)

Jen xx

Name: Lynise said...

those little animated guys at the top of your post always make me laugh. (a sign of how easily I'm ammused ) Todays one looks positively evil and an absolute terror behind that wheel.
What terrible conditions to have to back an ambulance in. I took the test for my regular drivers licence in heavy rain and absolutely hated it. (passed, but was not confident at all) so well done on getting through it under such challenging conditions.

Tania said...

Congratulations - you must be feeling very proud of yourself!

Looking forward to your weight loss result this week too.

Leighanne said...

You sound like you are having heaps of fun!!!

Jules said...

Great effort Chickadee!! Sounds so exciting!!

**Mellisa** said...

Cool.... I wanna come over and play with your toys!! *giggles*
Congrats on passing!

Mel. said...

Congratulations and well done on passing your assessment. Fingers crossed for the next one. I'm sure you will be fine.

Kate said...

Congrats on passing the assesment...sounds like no fun at all!

Also congrats on being down, I sneak peaks at the scale too!

Moby Dick said...

That sounds like a pretty cool test. I wonder if you have to jump over a bridge as part of your final exam!! If you don't get the ambulance position, you can work in Formula One racing (or Nascar)!!