Friday, June 15, 2007

Winter is here ... and I'M COLD!!!

SmileyCentral.com


Thankyou all for your congrats!! It means alot!!

Becks ... the stars are from my ww online program. As I reach each milestone they show one of these cute stars on my ww page. I right click to bring up 'properties' and copy and paste the 'gif' into the 'url' menu when uploading a photo into blogger. Does that makes sense?? lol probably not.

I had a full on day yesterday with ambo with my first pager going off as I hoped out of the shower at 5.35am!! Infact both ambulances (there's two at our station) were out almost all day. I think part of it has something to do with the cold weather, especially with asthma and chest infections etc.

Speaking of the cold ... I just CANNOT get warm today! I tried to get the gas heater going at the back of the shop and the stupid gas had run out!!! Grrr! So I've sent Bill down to the gas station to get some more and meanwhile tried to get warm by drinking some hot soup, but it was so yuck I tipped it out!! lol

I think I'm feeling the cold a bit more because I have 10% less fat covering my shivering butt!! lol Ohhh and talking about my shivering butt, my ambo belt buckle is down one more hole ... hole #4!! Infact my ambo pants are looking a tad baggy, but I'm going to save the moment of getting a smaller size till they are practically falling off me!! hehehe

I won't be able to update this weekend, I'm off to an ambulance course in Thames. I'm quite excited because once I pass this one I can move up to the next level 'Primary Care 1', which basically means I'm not a newby First Aider anymore. Yayya!!! The course starts at 8.30am tomorrow till 5pm, with accommodation provided in a flash as motel! I don't get many stays at motels so I'm gonna live it up!! Then again 8.30am - 5pm Sunday, and the same next weekend. I'll probably come back brain fried but I love it tho, all this learning stuff I haven't done it in a long time. Feels good to get the brain moving again. Hey I just had a thought ... maybe that's where my 800g loss came from ... brain activity!!

Ahhh Bill is back, gas bottle filled, heater going in my little corner at the back .... bliss!!! I could go to sleep here!!


16 comments:

**Mellisa** said...

Good luck for your course tomorrow ....
I amd blaming the weather for my increasing appetite .... Is that a valid reason?? Pleeeeaaaase... I think I am eating to keep warm ... ?? Or I am just a piggy ... Anyway .... enjoy your weekend .... take it easy!!

Chris H said...

Have fun on the course... and I HATE being cold too... in fact I was so cold today I went to bed at midday just to warm up.... just woke up!!! better go get the kids, darn.

Name: Lynise said...

hey, your going to be in my neck of the woods. We should have coffee. I have a newly filled gas bottle and a warm cosy little bach you could come visit me or I could me ya somewhere.
Do you think you will have any spare time at all????

Name: Lynise said...

oopss, that was 'meet' ya somewhere.

Christine said...

Sounds like a good weekend ahead of you! Have a good time. Let us know how it goes Ms. Baggy Pants! :) Take care.

Anne said...

Learn heaps and have fun on the course - enjoy the stay in the motel!

pointing the weigh said...

RE-COMMENT
No my house is called a semi terraced because I have an arch way between mine and next doors leading to my back garden so the downstairs is not attached but the upstairs is attached to next doors....does that make sense??

I have quite a largish front garden with a drive and a large back garden.
My house has 3 decent sized bedrooms, downstairs loo, upstairs bathroom with loo, decent sized kitchen and a decent sized living room, front entrance/hall.

I will post pics as and when I get the house sorted because we want/need a new drive way and new conservatory built etc.

It is an ex council house as we bought it in 1993

Anyway I must get my vaccuum out afterall it is 7.45AM...teehee I do like to get my housework done before going out in the mornings BUT I will be back later to read your days blog and comment on it .

Hugs hun

jen said...

Good luck with the course, enjoy the stay in the motel...live it up!!!


Jen

Jules said...

You'll love the course and the time to yourself at night.

Congrats on the 10% goal reached.

It's nearly midnight so my brain is fogged so not much more to say. Have a good one.

Moby Dick said...

You are doing great! Keep up the good work!

Zanna said...

Sorry been really busy this past week so although managing a quick read at lunchtime, haven't been taking time to comment. So huge congratulations on the 10% loss - fantastic! Don't envy you the cold - it's one aspect of living in Scotland that I don't miss at all. Hope you're having a great weekend at your course - it's such fun learning new things.
Take care
Z

Sienna said...

You are doing so well! I hate the cold too!

Leighanne said...

Congrats on being down another hole on your belt!!!

I hope you had a fab time away:)

Lee-Anne said...

Sometimes just a change of scenery and routine is enough to give us a lift. Hope you had a great weekend and a bit of a relax.

I'm so over the cold already ... still got aways to go before it gets warmer.

Kim L said...

I just dropped by your blog for the first time today. Congrats on your loss so far!

I get colder now as well, especially indoors with a/c blasting. I'm glad it's not winter here now. Of course, 94 F was pretty effing hot today.

VegasGirl said...

I hope you have a great time on your learning adventure. I'm sure you'll remember everything!

I also hope you get warm. I hate being cold!