Wednesday, June 20, 2007

studying hard

SmileyCentral.com


A Big Whewww!!! Lost another 400g this week bringing my total loss to 13kg. :) And another goal achieved. "To get below 110kgs". It's amazing how a figure of 109kgs seems so much lighter than 110 and so much closer to those double figures!

I think a part of my loss this week was due to having not eaten much the last two days with being sick but that's ok, I'll take it! :)

Sorry I haven't caught up much with everyone's blogs. Even with my update yesterday I ended up going straight back to bed after. Today is the first day I've really been able to hold my head up and consider going back to work.

I have lots of study to do today. I have these letter thingys running through my head continuously ...

S - Safety
R - Response
A - Airways
B - Breathing
C - Circulation
D - Disability
E - Expose, Examine, Environment

A - Aware
V - Voice
P - Pain
U - Unresponsive

S - Signs/Symptoms
A - Allergies
M - Medications
P - Past Medical History
L - Last oral intake
E - Events leading up to

O - can't remember
P - can't remember
Q - quality of pain
R - can't remember
S - Severity of pain
T - Timing (length of pain)

Not too bad but there are a few I need to get stuck in my head. And who knows what nervousness will do on D Day ... need to get these ingrained in my brain.

I'm off to study!!

19 comments:

Munzy said...

Hi Lyn!
No, I dont live in Botswana now, but did so for the last year - if you read my first ever post I think I talk about it then. Amazing time - we run a centre for orphaned children over there.
Let me know if you wanna know more!
Now GET BACK TO STUDYIN, MISSY!!!!!
haha
Jo

**Mellisa** said...

YAY another loss and into the 109's .... It does feel so much better looking at that number ... Glad to hear you are getting better!! Good luck with studying ...!!

VegasGirl said...

hehe. I hear your pain when it comes to trying to remember things for class! At least you will use your knowledge for a practical purpose. Some of the stuff I learn in school I just shake my head at =0p

Lee-Anne said...

Double Digits are looming. Congrats on your loss. Won't be long until it's 20kg gone.

Anne said...

Another great loss - well done Lyn!!

I used to study like that with letters - good luck, I'm sure you will do fine.

Christine said...

Hey! My brain would hurt as well if I had all that information running thru it! Congrats on your loss - I am so happy for you.

jen said...

Woohooooooo another goal achieved....go girl...nearly double digits!!

Jen xx

Rachel said...

Congrats on another loss, your going great guns!

I do an Industrial First Aide course refresher every year or two and I can never remember those letter things to remind me which order to do everything in....hahaha

Tania said...

Hope you're feeling better soon Lyn! Good luck with the exam, congrats on the loss and the banner looks great!

Name: Lynise said...

helloooooo,
Hope the study is going ok.

Snap test: What is U for ?

How about R?

and L ?

(hope you got 3/3) :-)

Name: Lynise said...

helloooooo,
Hope the study is going ok.

Snap test: What is U for ?

How about R?

and L ?

(hope you got 3/3) :-)

Name: Lynise said...

oh and PS:

Yipeeee on the loss. I'm too scared to get on the scales this week as it would ruin my week if I didn't lose again.
At some stage I know I will have to check but I'm just not ready for the possible disappointment. (mmmm, guess I've put my head in the sand again)

celtic_girl said...

Congrats on the loss and goodluck with the study.

Anonymous said...

NOTE from Lyn to EVERYONE

Lyn is away this weekend on her course and she will be back updating on Monday.


Love Chubbymum

pointing the weigh said...

WELL DONE LYN for the loss this week and your course....keep up the good work in your life!!

Hugs

Moby Dick said...

Congrats on the weight loss!!

Moby Dick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Oh I hope all goes well this weekend on the course... take care and goodluck!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Lyn,

Thinking of you and hoping the exam went well.

Also hope you were warmer in the motel this week?

I've been staying in a number of motels/hotels lately for work and so many of them don't have electric blankets and don't have much on the bed - I have had to double up the bed spread to keep warm!

Hope you're feeling much better too.

Cheers, Debbie