Monday, June 11, 2007

Party! What party?

SmileyCentral.com


I totally lost the plod yesterday!! Don't know what happened but for the first time since I started back at ww in February I didn't track, I ate, didn't drink my water, didn't exercise and just blobbed on the couch all day!! What's wrong with me??

I usually struggle on weekends but manage to pull back the reigns on myself. Yesterday I just didn't seem to care. I didn't eat bad food but just ate too much of it. I did a rough calculation and I think I consumed somewhere round the 30-35pt mark ... bad, bad, bad!!

The plot hasn't been lost totally. Today I'm back into it. I think for this weeks weighin I'll be having a gain and for the first ... a deserved gain!! It's ok, all is not lost. I won't be putting on all 11kgs that I've lost ... well let's hope not!! lol

Lee-anne and I met for coffee on Saturday and she is absolutely lovely!! And yes Becks photos were taken. But I told her I'll let her post the photos on her blog. We got on great!! And was much relieved that she's friendly and down-to-earth given we are travelling down together to Chris's in August.

Saturday night I went to a friend's birthday. It started at 5pm and was held at a school camp so we could all sleep over and not have to worry about driving home. When I got there I didn't recognise anyone!! Very much out of my comfort zone I sculled down a few wines to help me relax. I got talking to another girl who didn't know anyone else either. I found out she had come with her partner who knew the birthday girl. When it came time to sort out our sleeping arrangements I gingerly asked if I could share the same room as her (there were 6 bunks to a room). As I went to put my stuff in the room the mother of the birthday girl scolded me for putting my stuff in that room "Awww come on!! Leave the two love birds alone!!" She replied. I didn't know what to say, I was gobsmacked!! So for me the evening didn't get off to a very good start. By 7pm a few more people had arrived. I knew a few there but not very well. I managed to make polite conversation but it was not one of those "blast" events. I was very proud of myself for not having any chips or nibbles and the dinner I just had a vegetarian filo thingy and some salad and said no to dessert.

By 9.30pm we all moved over to the hall for a boogie when the entertainment arrived. Shona Laing was playing and while she was very good it was not boogie music. 10pm arrived and I had the choice of digging into the wine and having a good time that way or heading off to bed. So the old nana that I was I made the decision to go to bed!!! In bed by 10pm??? What have I become?? lol

I moved my stuff down to the far room by myself which ended up being a wise move as I didn't get woken when everyone else stumbled into bed at who knows what hour. I awoke at 3am freezing cold!! I had a subzero sleeping bag but it didn't seem to help. I just couldn't get back to sleep so at 3.30am I packed up my stuff and drove home, crawled into my own warm snuggly bed. Much better!!!

So that was my weekend ... woopie!! lol

7 comments:

Chris H said...

Bugger about that party not being so crash hot... hope mine is better! Ya you and Lee Anne get on so well, can't wait to see ya both.... Wanna share her room? Colin might have something to say about that though! lol

Lee-Anne said...

Crap. You choose the wrong birthday party to go to. You did damn well to stay there for as long as you did. I would have left a lot earlier.

You'll have to make up for it at Chris's party.

Lol bloody Chris. I wouldn't worry about sleeping arrangements - she'll have everybody organised, that I can guarantee. So you won't have to worry about that debacle again.

Christine said...

Defintely a bummer of a party. I don't do well sleeping somewhere else - I would have driven home as well. Weekends are always tougher for me too - being around my husband is bad news most days. He likes to eat out and likes to treat himself a little too much. :) Good to hear that you are back on the wagon. Take care.

Moby Dick said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog! I am just reading a bit of yours. It is interesting. From what little I have read, you have a warrior's spirit. You keep getting up and keep reaching out and that is very admirable and courageous.

Good luck and I hope you will keep dropping by. Maybe you will be one of the Weekly Weight Loss Winners!

Jaxx said...

Love the banner up the top :)

Jaxx

Tania said...

Oh don't you hate those awkward situations at parties - I was in a similar situation recently myself, and like you made a fast exit!

As to the weekend - I admire your ability to get back on track so quickly. Sometimes you just need a day where the tracking gets pushed aside so life doesn't revolve around the whole WW point counting thing - you may just be surprised come weigh day.

pointing the weigh said...

What a shame the party wasn't better for you.

I think I would have left within the first hour, get back to my own confort zone.

Well done for getting back on track, it is so easy to let things spiral out of control but you have so much determination! And I just know you will get there!

I hope you have a lovely day!

Take care
Hugs