Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Happy Birthday Jesurun!!

SmileyCentral.com


Sorry for the lack of updates ... I've been out of action for the past few days. With Bill being sick and it being the long weekend here, the shop has been crazy busy so I've been work, work, working!!!

I haven't done any walking this week, just my incidental steps. I just didn't have any spare moments. But that's ok, I'll get straight back into it this next week.

It's Jese's birthday today. He's five and officially off to school. There's been three school visits so far but only for a few hours, today he's there all day. Funny thing is both Bill and I had it in our heads that his birthday was Thursday. (how bad a parents are we??) It wasn't until I realised last night that it was the 4th, therefore tomorrow was the 5th ... Jese's birthday... that we both realised. So you can imagine his surprise when we told him last night that his birthday was in the morning and he would be off to school. He's been nagging us for the last six months saying "Is it my birthday tomorrow?" Next day "Is it my birthday tomorrow?" Then suddenly for him ... IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY TOMORROW!! He did this little jig of excitement .... very cute!!

We all got up at 6.30am to have breakfast together before Bill left to open the shop. Jese got to choose his breakfast and he wanted honeypuffs and cream. Before I realised, they'd dished up some for me. I almost refused, I couldn't bear the thought of wasting points, but gave in knowing it was for Jese!

It made me realise how much my taste buds had changed. The honeypuffs were so sickly sweet!!! And the tiniest bit of cream was so rich. I could only get through half of the small serve I had. I felt just yuck!!

I asked Jese where he was going today given it was his birthday. After a long pause he replied "Lollypopland??" Awwww sorry Jese not today, maybe on the weekend. No you're off to school today. Funny, he didn't seem so excited at that.

Weigh in tomorrow. I'm in the state of mind that any loss is a good loss, given my big loss last week and TTOM arriving in the next few days. I won't even cry if it's a small gain after all I had no exercise this week either. Wait and see what tomorrow brings.

9 comments:

Anne said...

Funny - Just imagine if you missed the birthday!! Is Jese your youngest?

Thanks for your words of encouragement to me:-)

Name: Lynise said...

Hi Lyn,
Your baby is really growing up, funny that it slipped your mind that his birthday was today. If your anything like me I sometimes lose track of the actual date and am startled to find that June is here already.
Actually, that reminds me I need to phone the IRD to get an extension on my tax return. I have until the 6th to ph, so had better call before they come chasing me.
Have a great day.

Chris H said...

Awww, HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESSE! Fancy your Mum and Dad almost forgetting.... shameful!! Like I can talk... I have forgotten so many anniversaries etc over the years, better not forget tomorrow.. It's our 20th Wedding Anniversary! OOOOOO

Nic said...

oh your baby off to school, how exciting for the both of you. I remember from your original blog he was turning one, wow how the time flys. How he has a good birthday and although you got the days mixed up I hop you have the presents!!!!! :-)

Nic said...

sorry about the gobbly de goop above, hubby would say it's the welsh in me coming out.

Christine said...

Oh yeah - weigh in day. :) Looking forward to your results! You'll do great - isn't that funny how your taste buds change?? I went out for fast food a while back and it made me sick - my usual high fat craving didn't even remotely satisfy. Take care.

pointing the weigh said...

AAARRGGHH Lyn help, Chris is hounding me, hunting me like a dog...teehee....no seriously she's not...teehee - I was having a grunt the other day about the lack of comments, so being her usual MAD self she posted a load of comments on my blog...heehee BOY!! That party at her place sure is going to be one fab party with Chris being the host...heehee and BOY do I wish I could be there!

Awwwe "HAPPY BIRHTDAY JESE"

I'm sure all the work in the shop will have earned quite a lot of bonus points so you may be pleasantly suprised on those scales tomorrow hunny.

Hope you have a fab day!

Hugs to ya

Tania said...

Wow a surefire sign that your little boy is growing up - i'm sure i'll be a mess when my baby goes off to school.

Fingers crossed for the scales tomorrow.

The Candid Bandit said...

LYN!!!!!

Oh my god, I found you on Lynda's blog and squealed with delight!

I'm tickled pink that you are ok and have just read back through your archives.

Like you, I left Mat because of substance abuse and to this day on his 'good days' I think "Is it all in my head?" Im glad things sound good right now though.

I deleted beckschallenge but have another password protected blog. Please come and say hi. sassymchassy at yahoo.com.au I'll send you an invite.

xoxox