Sunday, June 03, 2007

2yr old tantrums

SmileyCentral.com


Not a lot to post about today. Friday night was a night out with a girls after work. Finished my day within points but probably had a bit too much alcohol and not enough food.

Saturday was our day off and we spent most of it hibernating inside. Bill was sick with a flu bug and he is so grumpy when he's sick! He must have really been sick too because he went out fishing in the morning and came back only an hour later saying he was too ill even for fishing.

In the late afternoon his grumpiness got to me and I told him off. He didn't handle it too well and stomped off to the kitchen. I heard him crashing and making noises but refused to go see what he was doing (stubborn chick that I am). So by 5.30pm he had dinner made (Bill never cooks dinners) And of course when he told me off for not helping him I threw myself into a paddy and refused to eat any of it. (silly children that we are!) End of the story meant that I ended up having 4pts left over for the day and we were both in bed by 8pm! Leaving the kids in the lounge watching Shrek.

Today we're both over our little tantrums but I've banned Bill to the bedroom until he feels better. Men just don't do sick well do they?

10 comments:

Chris H said...

You got that right! Friggin men, anyone would think they are the only ones who have ever felt sick...I never give mine any sympathy cos he would just lap it up and be even "sicker".... hope you have a better day today mate. And leave him to it in the bedroom!

Nic said...

Oh Lyn you are so right there, men and being sick just don't go together, and then when us women are sick we still do the same daily things...kids up, lunches made etc, imagine them.

Christine said...

Ha - my hubby is such a suck when he's sick, its too funny. It's like the world is coming to an end. Ha. Tell him you will kiss and make up when he's not spreading any germs! LOL.

Anonymous said...

Men huh!!! GEESH tell him to stay in that bloody bed until the moodynes has gone!!!

Big hugs
Chubbymum

Tania said...

Lol - that would have to be the understatement of the year! My husband acts as if he has pneumonia at the first sign of a sniffle, it's quite sad really.

Unknown said...

Congratulations Lyn on your 10kg loss - I can really see the difference in your picture.

I absolutely know what you mean about sick men! I was sick a couple of weeks ago and it was an effort for him to get anything for me, but when he got sick soon after, you'd think he was dying and no-one could possibly have been as sick as him!

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

ha ha ha they are all the same... Mine knows he wont get any sympathy so he is quite good.. But he looks after me when i am unwell... I am a very lucky girl...

**Mellisa** said...

Men are sooks ...... You know when I had my last baby, Reza had the flu. I had just given birth and had to look after the baby and hubby when he was supposed to be off work looking after me!!?? lol....

jen said...

Nahhhhhhh men don't do sick at all well...got one Mr grump, whinge and whine here!!!! Darn flu...he better not pass it on here..

Anne said...

Sounds quite a common issue amongst us women trying to cope with a sick man!