Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Still shivering

SmileyCentral.com


Just a quick post to say I'm still alive. Course was really good, I learnt heaps!! That was part A with part B and exam next weekend. I managed to catch up with Lynise while in Thames which was really nice!

The only down side was the motel room I had was so cold!!! And they only had a single duvet on the bed with no blankets!! We came back from dinner on the Saturday night and around 11pm I turned in for bed and shivered!!! An hour later I got sick of being cold and put my polar jacket on, zipped it up, put the hood over my head and buried myself under the duvet. An hour later I was STILL shivering!! So getting quite annoyed with myself I put on my ambulance triple lined, mega insulated, withstand any cold jacket, zipped it up over top of all the other layers ... eventually I got to sleep!! But I woke up in the morning with a tight, wheezy chest.

By late afternoon I was coughing like a seal and in the last hour of the course I just wanted to go home to bed!!! Bugger I had an hour to drive home. I stumbled in the door, grabbed my feather duvet, kicked the kids off the couch, curled up and went to sleep.

Yesterday I was slammed to the floor with this thing ... thick head, sinuses blocked, 'rip my chest out' cough and couldn't even get myself off the couch!

Today I've still had the day off work, but at least able to get up and about a bit. It's a bugger because I'm supposed to be studying but there's no way I could get my head around thinking right now. I have tomorrow left and that's it ... Thursday is ambo all day and Friday I'm off to Thames again. And poor Bill having to cover all my shifts for me.

I haven't been able to track or exercise this week, nor have I had much control over my food. During the weekend all our food was supplied, some healthy, some not so healthy. But I think I did pretty good in selecting between the good and bad.

I'll let you know how weighin goes tomorrow.

4 comments:

Chris H said...

Man that sucks being sooo cold! Shame you couldn't have asked the motel owners for more bedding! I hope you are feeling a bit better now?

Lee-Anne said...

You poor thing. I hope you're finally starting to come warm now. That's pretty poor on the motel's part not to have extra bedding and such now that the weathers getting colder. At least you can be a bit more prepared this weekend. I'm sure you did well this weekend and hope you feel 100% better before Thursday.

**Mellisa** said...

I suppose next time you can tell them to stock up on blankets .... or you will curl up with them in their bed!! lol .....
I am sure you will be fine for weigh in .... !!
Hope you feel better soon .....

Anne said...

Sounds freezing - not good for a motel to not have extra bedding - or no electrici blanket??

Hope you are starting to feel better and thaw out! Cold down here as well:-(