Thursday, June 07, 2007

Mad Cow Disease

This little cow describes me perfectly!! Damn it!! Technology is pissing me off today!! Well, the weight watchers online site to be exact! As I went to put in my food for last night's eating they suddenly changed the rules on me!! ...

Corn is now 1.5pts per cob!!!!!!! WTF??? I loved my corn as a pt free snack or to top up my dinners if I was extra hungry and now they are going to charge me points for it???? No explanation, no warning ... they could have told me BEFORE I ate two cobs of the stuff!!! 3pts gone!!!! Grrrrr!!!

I heard through the grapevine something about corn on the cob now being points but thought I must have heard wrong as my online weightwatchers tracker kept telling me 0pts when I put in corn.

Can ya tell I'm mad???? Damn it!! I got so pissed off with it that I changed my mind about putting any more food in for the meantime and would finish it off in the morning when I got to ambo...

... then ... this morning when I opened up the weightwatchers online site on the station computer, I got a rude message telling me I now needed Flash player version 9!!!! And because I don't have admin authorisation here at the station I can't download the new version ... grrrr .... so now I can't even update my food here!!! Arghghhhhh!!! lol

Ok so now I guess I have to use the ol' pen and paper till I get back home tonight and finally update my points.

You wait ... weight watchers are gonna pay for this!!!!!

11 comments:

Anne said...

I never thought - I could have said as I had seen you had corn down with no points, they changed it quite a few months ago, along with pumpkin now being counted. I was fed up with these items now being counted. Think positive - although you do have to count them - it may quicken the weight loss!!

**Mellisa** said...

It is true chicken..... corn on the cob is now pointed!! ..... and so is PUMPKIN!!! That also p*&^ed me off!! Like you, those two items made for a low pointed meal!!
Bugger WW!! lol

Hope your day ends better than it started!!

Lee-Anne said...

OMG I knew about the corn but not the pumpkin. That's not fair.

I've plotted our roadtrip and it's going to take us 3hrs52mins to get to Palmy.

Also found out 1hr28 mins from here to you. Seeya Sat for coffee.

Chris H said...

Bugger about the corn, so hate pumpkin it did not matter! Hope you are over your hissy fit now!

Anonymous said...

Oh dear and you were just raving about the online WW to me hun... a little scared to go online now he he he.

Love Chubbymum

Christine said...

I just love the cow - thats great. Sorry to hear about your corn fetish. Thats sux. :) Hope you're doing well otherwise! :)

Jules said...

That is why I say stick the points up your bum WW!! Corn and pumpkin are vegetables for fucks sake!! The politically correct points police are out there now finding every thing yummy that used to be zero and making it points. Water is also 1 pt a 250ml glass now. You just can't win!!

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

What the fk.... how can water be counted as points????
I have never counted points..or calories or fats or frikkin anything...
I have no idea how I manage to do the right thing... but has worked so far for me... but thinking I need to be a little more accountable for my eating at the moment...I have hit a plataeu... need motivation... lets see if I can do it with the 10 week challenge....

celtic_girl said...

WOW, on your 10 kilo progress photos,well done, it has made me want to get my arse into gear again Lyn, thanks for that.
Loved the cow, it made me laugh, a pisser about the corn and pumpkin,two of my favourite veges.

jen said...

Loved the cow...yeaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

I hate the new points too, I love my NO POINT corn and pumpkin....so much so that I have stayed on the point system that I started on....I lost weight on it, so gonna stay with it!!

VegasGirl said...

WTH? My MIL is going to be pissed when she hears corn is points. She eats it to help fill herself up too. She hasn't been to a WW meeting in months. Someone needs to demand an answer! Why/how can they randomly change point values?