Saturday, June 09, 2007

World's funniest joke ...




I'm very excited to be meeting up with Lee-anne for a coffee today. It's always fun to meet other bloggers in 'real life'.

I have a birthday party to go to tonight. A friend is turning 30 and she's hired out a camp so we can all sleep over without worrying about driving home. Should be a bit of fun.

There was a documentary on sky last night about the study of humour and how some people find a joke funny while others don't. They did a huge study of thousands of people to find the world's funniest joke. When they finally told the joke, the guy did a big spiel how even tho it was voted the funniest joke alot of people wouldn't find it funny. So I was expecting something stupid like "why did the chicken cross the road" type one. But I actually did find this one funny ... what do you guys think?

Here it is ... the world's funniest joke ...

Two friend's went hunting together and one of them had the misfortune of hurting himself. His mate rang 111.
"Help!! My friend's hurt himself really, really bad"
"Don't panic, we're sending someone right away. What's wrong?"
"I'm not sure, but he's really bad."
"First we have to work out if he's dead or not"
There was silence on the other end of the phone, then a loud BANG!!!
"Hello?? Hello??"
"Ok, that's done ... now what??"

8 comments:

Chris H said...

Hmmm on the joke.... why did I not find it funny>?????? Sorry about that. Hope you have a blast with Lee Anne !!!

Name: Lynise said...

mmm,,,,, afraid it didn't do it for me either. But what was funny, was I pressed play to hear your little guy at the top of the page, and both my daughter and friend came running to see what I was laughing at, as BOTH of them at thought it was me cackling. (Ok, I laugh loud, but I never thought I sounded like a complete lunatic) lol

Tania said...

Nah, not my idea of funny!

Hope you have a great night at the party tonight though.

The Candid Bandit said...

Didn't tickle my funny bone but I did smile.

Did you have fun at the party?

The Candid Bandit said...

P.S. Dont you know it's practically law to have your camera with you when you meet another blogger?

Jaxx said...

Ok Joke but am sure there are funnier ones around.... LOL. Hope you had a great night

Jaxx

Nic said...

No the joke didn't do it for me either. Who did they do the test on, not a bunch of intelligent woman I'm guessing.

Lee-Anne said...

Hey matey, it was really great catching up with you on Saturday. You are really lovely and I know we are going to be great friends. Looks like we're in for one helluva road trip, lol.

We'll be back before you know it, someone I know can't stop thinking about fishing.

Hope you had a good night.