Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I'm a stunned mullet!!

SmileyCentral.com


What a day!!!

I had decided to head up to Thames early so I could get some practice in before the big assessment. I left home at 11am (assessment started at 3pm) and called into my station on the way for a coffee. When I walked in my boss was there and asked if I passed. And when hearing I hadn't, asked me what I did wrong. I told him I forgot to take the pulse and he said he couldn't believe the guy would fail me for that.

I actually disagreed with him saying that I did make the mistake and that I wanted to show to him and myself that I can do this!

All they way up to Thames (just under an hours drive) I practiced in my head the scenario over and over and over!! After a quick bite and coffee at 1pm I practiced from then till 3pm. I was so determined to get this.

My turn came up and this time I was calm and relaxed. I did the whole thing and the assessor sat me down. He got me worried when there was a long silence, then he said this ...

"In all my years of being an assessor this is only the second time I have said this. If my baby boy was having a cardiac arrest I would want you to be the person resuscitating him!"

He then stood up and gave me a hug. He told me he would be writing a report up for everyone which will be passed on to all the big bugs in our area and mine will be a glowing one. At this point all my emotions of the last 24hrs hit me and I felt tears welling up in my eyes. I made a quick exit after thanking him before he noticed my tears.

It was the exact result I wanted and knew I could achieve!!

YAYYA!!!

12 comments:

Anne said...

Be proud Lyn!! That would bring a tear to my eyes as well. You have given it your all and deserved to pass.

Chris H said...

Awww that is awesome Lyn, you deserved it.

Name: Lynise said...

Yipeeeeeee,
We all knew you could do it and so glad you got such great feedback from the assessor.

Anonymous said...

Woohooo well done chicky babe you knew you could do it and you did..

Well done

Chubbymum
http://cmlosingit.blogspot.com

Tania said...

Well done Lyn - that truly is the ultimate compliment and sounds like you really deserved it.

Lee-Anne said...

Well huney all I can say is well done and if I ever need cpr - I want you to be the one too.

Christine said...

Good for you - you so deserve that. You obviously deserve the recognition! :)

**Mellisa** said...

You just gave me goosebumps .... You deserve this Lyn!!

VegasGirl said...

That is so awesome!!! Congrats!

pointing the weigh said...

VIRTUAL HUGS HUN!!

VERY WELL DONE!!

My eyes were starting to well up just reading your blog today because I know that successful feeling...well done again!!

I am soooo pleased for you

Hugs

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome! I'm new to stopping by your blog - but I just had to add my congratulations.

Lady Rose (80lbs lost so far, 60ish to go)

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Goosebumps here too... that frikkin awesome girl...well done!!!!