Monday, October 04, 2004

Planning pays off

For some reason last night I felt FAT!!!! Really don't know why ... infact this morning on the scales my weight is down again from yesterday and will probably (I say probably because nothing is 100% gauranteed with ww scales lol) be in for a loss tonight.

I hadn't drunk any excess water (any more than usual) and my dinner was a light one (stirfry veges, chicken and salad), it's not TTOM for me ... hmm ... so don't know what was going on there. It actually put me in a really bad mood and I ended up commisorating with a drink or two. I still kept within my weekly points but there was no reason for it really.

Isn't it funny how sometimes we feel fat for no reason and other times we feel skinny? Our bodies are strange things :)

One thing I've done this week, which is a huge achievement for me, is cut down on my carbs. I'm a major carb-addict!! Infact I've always said I could never do the low-carb diet because I just love my pasta, rice, potatos and bread toooooo much!!! But I've started having no bread for lunch and replacing it with salad and either tuna, salmon or ham. And I actually haven't missed the bread.

Then last night I even skipped on the pasta for dinner!! This is a major achievement!!! I ALWAYS have either pasta, rice or potatoes with dinner!! But last night I cooked a stirfry with veges and chicken ... boiled up pasta but only gave that to Bill and the kids and put a big salad on my plate instead. It really cut my points down for the meal. I only used 2pts (for the chicken) instead of the normal 7 or 8pts (if I had of included the pasta). I was also going to add a stirfry sauce (2.5pts per serve) but instead I just used a little garlic, soy sauce and spices and it tasted just great!! Imagine??? A meal for only 2pts and I was satisfied!!

I also cooked up some rhubarb and used sucral (sp) to sweeten it ... meaning 0pts!!! Amazing what a bit of creative planning does!

Looking forward to weighin tonight! Not going to guess what it will be (learnt my lesson on that one). Just have to wait and see!

Catcha!
Lyn :)
SW 107.4kg
CW 74.8kg
WWGW 71kg
PGW 65kg

No comments: