Saturday, October 23, 2004

Bad hair day

Afro


Roz and Linda you are exactly right!!

I've had a couple of days to mull this over now and I'm feeling a lot better about it. I had a few moments of pity where I declared to Bill I was no longer working in the shop. But we are bigger than this. Bill and I have not been happier in any job we have ever done. I have to focus on the positives, not the small handful of people that want/need to make negative comments.

We've had literally hundreds of comments from customers and suppliers alike about how awesome the shop is looking. As for the counter coming out we're going to keep it like this ... our grocery sales (which is where we make most of our profit) have grown increadably since the removal of the counter that a few till/counter space restrictions over midsummer is worth the risk.

I also went and spoke to the other dairyowner, Zane, in the town (which is where everyone has supposed to be going now that they have stopped shopping with us) and he said he hasn't had any negative comments from customers about us. Now if his story was true the first thing they would do would be complain about us to the other dairy. Which according to Zane hasn't happened.

It would be too good to be true to not have any hurdles in this new venture. So I'll just look on it as something to grow on and get stronger.

This weekend is huge for us. Labour weekend is officially the start of warmer weather in New Zealand and the weekend everyone goes away to their batches ... meaning wahoooo turnovers for us ... heheh!

We had a huge day yesterday and expecting another good one today too.

So I'm outa here ... got a busy day ahead!

Oh ... one other little story before I go ...

I had a guy come in yesterday who asked me if I was having a bad hair day! He said it had looked like I had been out in a storm!! lol He then asked Bill if he wears glasses in the morning, hoping he didn't because he would hate to think what I look like when I got out of bed first thing! LMAO Can you believe this guy???? lol ... Now that's insults for ya and from a complete stranger??? lol what is this world coming to?

But a few customers later I had another male ask me what all my hardware on my belt was. One was my phone and the other my bonus buddy. Asking for an explaination for the bonus buddy, I said it counted my steps to see what weight I could lose. Lose weight? he said ... you don't need to lose weight! You're gorgeous!!! I blushed and told him that was a much nicer comment than the last guy (I repeated to him what the guy had said) and he replied "He's just an asshole! Don't listen to him!" Two extremes in a matter of minutes ... all in a day at the dairy! lol

Catcha!
Lyn :)
SW 107.4kg
CW 73.8kg
WWGW 71kg
PGW 65kg

No comments: