Friday, April 09, 2004

Gotta look at the positives ...

Now for analysing what happened last week to give me a gain. Overall I'm pretty surpised by the scales result.

I went out to a smorgasboard dinner during the week and although I pointed out my food there is never any 100% sure way of knowing exactly what went into the food so maybe I underpointed that.

My kitchen scales are broken at the moment so maybe my portions are creeping up a little.

I did 2 quite big walks this week so maybe there is some muscle build up. I really didn't feel like I had gained and I can usually tell in my clothes (and my wedding rings)

I got really thirsty the night before weighin and drank 1.5litres of water just before I went to bed, so maybe some of the fluid was still in my system at weighin.

Other than that I'm really not sure what happened. But I'm not going to let it get me down. On with this week.

On the positive note ... this has been my first gain in 10wks. Infact the first gain since I moved back to Auckland. So I've got to look at that as an achievement in itself.

Not 100% sure but might have scored myself a job over the school holidays. My brother is a sales rep for Great Outdoors/Fairydown and they need someone to do up a 48 page brochure. It's looking positive that I'll get it. Just need to check that we can change their files (on CD) over from Apple Mac to PC format (I use PC) and if that can be done I've got the job. Mum is looking after the kids for me (shock horror) and I'll be a business working woman for two whole weeks. Up until this opportunity came up I never considered going back to work because I thought I was too fat (stupid huh?) I just didn't want to deal with the 'fitting in and being accepted' part. After I found out about this offer I thought there's no reason to be scared anymore. One more step in coming out of my shell. So I'm quite excited and scared all at the same time. It's been 7yrs since I last worked in an office but I think this will be good for me as well as for my CV.

I should find out by the end of the day if I definately have the job. If I do get it my computer will be left at my workplace for two weeks so might mean I can't update as often. Really not sure yet. If I have a phone line there I can update while I'm at work but don't want to assume anything yet.

On to today!!
Lyn :)
SW 107.4kg
CW 74.1kg
GW 65kg

No comments: